FOURTEEN

every revolution starts and ends with his lips

_______________

A bright light caused me to tightly close my eyes. I felt a cool breeze run through my hair, salt filled my nose immediately - it almost made me calm. As my eyes adjusted, I realized we were surrounded by water in the arena.

My heartbeat immediately started to pick up as I looked into the dark water below me. Was there something in the water? A capital mutt to chase us to the rocks that separated each tribute. I bit my lip nervously as I looked at each tribute that waited on their pedestal.  I heard the familiar clock start that was on top of the cornucopia.

I looked at each of the tributes, desperately trying to find Cato. He must be on the other side directly across from me. I tightened my pony tail as the clock hit 30.

I looked at the tribute next to me to see it was Katniss. I sighed in relief as it wasn't Cashmere or Gloss. There could've been a fight in the water if she had beaten me to the rocks.
But it was only Katniss, and she had the same worried look on her face as we exchanged glances.

I glanced at the clock to see there was 10 seconds left before I had to dive into this mysterious water that was beneath me. I leaned forward for the second time to make sure that there was truly nothing in there. I think this is just my PTSD talking from when the district four male attacked me. But you never know what games they could put in here.

Suddenly the clock went off - and my body reacted before my brain could. I dove into the deep blue water and just started paddling as fast as I could. I didn't want to hang around in the water for too long. Images of being held under water appeared in sharp bursts as they always do. I put my hands out in front of me to touch the rocks and a couple of seconds later I found them.

I pushed myself onto the rock path that led to the cornucopia. I didn't bother to look where any other tributes were, my eyes were just set on the matching set of knives that were currently shinning. My lungs burned as I ran as fast as my little legs could handle. Once I get my knives, I really need to find Cato.

I finally reached the cornucopia and realized another person was already there. I didn't recognize the man but he had some of my knives in his hand. He looked like he was getting ready to throw them. I grabbed the closest thing to me which happened to be a spear. A yell came from his mouth as he threw one of the knives, barely missing me. I threw the spear as hard as I could, a grunt coming from my lips. It lodged into his chest and I huffed in response as I heard the familiar 'boom' of the cannon.

That was surprisingly easier then I thought it was going to be.

I quickly grabbed the knives from his hands checking my back every couple of seconds. I put each knife in the side of my suit that Ramsey specifically designed. I checked over my shoulder one last time before running around the corner. I smacked into someone which felt like I had walked into a brick wall and fell straight onto my butt. I scrambled around quickly eventually looking up to see Finnick with a tight grasp around his trident. He realized it was me and helped me up.