TEN

Why is it always about her?

_____________________________

There was a knock on our door late the next evening. This was the night before the interviews. Cato and I were the only ones up. I got up off the black couch and walked towards the door that was on the other side of the room.

I slowly opened the door to see Haymitch Abernathy there along with the head gamemaker. My eyebrows immediately furrowed as the two stared down at me, a closed mouth smile formed on Haymitch's face.

"Good evening Katalina," Plutarch Heavensbee said. Wasnt he the head gamemaker? Why the hell are these two together right now here at our door? 

"May we come in?" I nodded slowly and opened the door wider for the two of them to walk in. I watched Cato stand up with the same confused look on his face.

"What can we help you with?" I slowly walked over to the small group that was forming. I stood closely next to Cato.

"Peeta told me about your alliance with the rest of the group," Haymitch said. I nodded.

"We thought it was best," I said and looked at Cato. He nodded. "Cashmere and Gloss are a little..."

"Crazy? Intense?" Haymitch said.

"Controlling."

"Anyway, it was a good choice," He said. "Peeta and Katniss are very talented."

"Is that why you came here? To tell us we made a good choice?" Cato rudely asked.

"Cato," I warned. He looked down at me and I gave Haymatch an apologetic look.

"We're actually here because there's something bigger then the games forming," Plutarch said.

"The revolution," I said. He nodded.

"It's indeed real, and it's forming," He said. "We need your help, both of you."

"How?"

"We need Katniss alive," Plutarch said. Oh no. They came here asking us to protect Katniss? When we'll be the ones that do the killing?

"You want us to sacrifice ourselves for a girl that tried to kill us a year ago?" Cato said and scoffed. "I would never."

"We're not asking you to sacrifice yourself," Haymitch said.

"I don't understand then," Cato said.

"We're planning on making a rescue trip," Plutarch explained. "We're going in for Katniss first - but you need to do whatever you can to keep her alive. And if you do, we'll save you as well." Cato and I looked at each other.

"And when you do save us, what then? We become fugitives?" I asked.

"Not exactly fugitives," Haymitch said.

"Close to it." They both shrugged.

"We'd insure your safety," Haymitch said. "This isn't like the old games."

"So we'd get out of there alive," I said.

"And in our protection," Plutarch added.

"How can you make sure of that?" Cato asked.

"District 13 is back up and running," Plutarch said. District 13? I thought it got ruined in the bombs. "Nobody knows. So you must keep this to yourselves even if you do decide to not go through with our plan." I watched him look up the stairs, probably to make sure neither of our mentors were listening.

"You're lying," I said. They both shook their heads. Cato and I exchanged glances. So what their saying is that Cato and I have a decision to make. I pressed my lips together and glanced at the clock. It was 2 am. Cato and I have to get up at 8 to start to get ready for the interviews.

"Maybe we can give you a decision another night," I said. "Ramsey's going to kill me for the bags under my eyes."

"Of course, take your time," Haymitch said. "But trust me this is a good move. I know how hard it is, but you can trust Katniss." Can I?

"Thanks for coming by," I said and sat down. I pressed my lips together. So we could do this plan join the revolution or we could go by President Snow's and possibly be his soldiers for the rest of our lives. Cato shows the two of them out, and returns back to me with the same confused expression.

What the hell do we do?