10

Ivan’s POV:

All morning Mocha has been on edge as if he were nervous about meeting his new friend. He got up before me to shower and pick out his favorite outfit consisting of black skinny jeans and bright pink hoodie. After getting dressed he had another hour before we had to actually leave so he has been sitting out by the window sending messages back and forth with his friend Donny. I decided on wearing sweatpants and a black hoodie since I am not really trying to stand out any when I keep an eye on them. Around 12:30 we started our car ride to town and headed to the Cafe’ we agreed on. 

We arrived a few minutes before 1 so I found my own seat where I could keep watch of the table Mocha chose to sit at. He sat down at a table near the big window so I sat as a booth a little further back in the Cafe’. I order a dark roast coffee and watch as Mocha stares out the window waiting for Donny to show up. A few moments later a guy wearing a red t-shirt and ripped jeans comes in and sits across from Mocha and I am guessing that’s Donny. He smiles at Mocha and begins talking and I start to wish I was close enough to hear their conversation. 

Things were going smoothly, they both ordered some type of drink for themselves and continued talking and looking like they were having a good time. Donny at some point reaches out and pets Mocha’s mouse ears and I stiffened and had to stop myself from getting out of my chair as soon as he did so. Mocha didn’t stop him and I didn’t want to barge into their fun without knowing if he made Mocha uncomfortable or not. They hung out for a little while longer before they both stood up and hugged before Donny walked out of the Cafe’.

Mocha looked around and when his eyes met with mine he proceeded to walk towards me, so I stood up to meet him in the middle. “I wanna go home now please”, he seemed tired from his first ever social outing with someone other than me. I nodded in response before leading him back to where we parked. Curiosity hits me as we are heading home and I can’t help but ask, “So what did you guys talk about?” He stiffened at the sound of my question and looked as if debating what he was going to say next. “He asked about my collar and how I knew a well known businessman, which I am guessing he was talking about you since he saw the name. I told him you were a close friend that gave this to me for protection,” his voice was soft and sounded nervous.

I take a quick glance at his collar around his neck seeing the daylight dance across my name as Mocha fiddled with it nervously. I smiled to myself seeing him wear it because it made me feel calm knowing he will be safe wearing my name.

Mocha’s POV:

Meeting Donny was nerve wracking but I actually enjoyed my time with him. I would have to admit having him pet me felt different than when Ivan does it. It wasn’t necessarily bad but it didn’t comfort me the way Ivan does. I’m unsure if Ivan saw it but he hasn’t mentioned it so I won’t bring it up either. Ivan must have noticed I was feeling tired, he told me once we were home we could take a nap. He said ‘we’ which means he will be napping with me too right?

The thought made my heart do weird things and I don’t understand why it would make me feel any different than when we slept in the same bed at night. When we got into our room I was too tired to worry about changing in the bathroom so I started to strip on my side of the bed leaving me in just my briefs. Ivan didn’t notice until I was already done removing my clothing and he instantly started questioning me, “Mocha what are you doing? Do you plan to sleep like that? I mean I don’t mind but-”

I interrupted his rambling with a soft laugh, “I was planning to steal one of your baggy sweaters but if you prefer me like this I can stay like this”, he looked taken back by my random confidence but recovered his composure with a slight smirk. “Then we can both take a nap like that”, he started to strip himself as well making me blush and realized what I just started without thinking it through. We both slip under the covers, now only in our briefs, and I was feeling shy. 

“Will you still hold me like you usually do?”, I couldn’t believe I actually asked him that. He just nodded before closing the distance between us and pulling me closer so my back pressed against his chest like usual. Feeling his cold bare skin touching me in more places than normal made me shudder slightly and chills ran up my spine. The feeling was amazing and I felt comfort and ready for sleep to take over almost immediately so I welcomed it with open arms.