15

It has been about a month since we placed the orders and I have been on a secret mission to make this room perfect before I finally let him see it. He has been begging me to see the room and it’s so cute seeing him give me puppy dog eyes. It’s hard telling him no but I know it will be worth it. I had someone come in and paint the walls of the room while I took Mocha out to the park. I would do other decorating things while he takes his daily naps which last about an hour or two depending on his morning activities of choice and if he was in his headspace. Today is the day I will finally show him the new playroom when he wakes up from his nap. I am nervous and really hope he likes it because I went off of his previous pickings of items which were almost always a pastel rainbow with glitter or holographic. He loves colorful stuff and glitter so I really tried to make the whole room be like a littespace heaven for him.

Stepping into our room to check up on him, I see him sitting up rubbing his eyes and I am guessing he is just now waking up. “Daddy”, he raises his arms and makes grabby hands and I have learned that usually means he wants to be held. I pick him up and he wraps his legs around my torso and his arms around my neck as I support his bottom. I walked down the hall and set him down right outside of his door that has a large plastic tarp covering the door so he couldn’t see what I did to the outside of the door as well. “Ready to finally see the room, little mouse?” he claps and nods his head eagerly. Laughing at his response, I pull down the plastic and we are met with a black door with lots of holographic glitter on it. In the middle read ‘Little Mouse’ in a pretty bright pink and yellow since he seems to favor those two colors with his little outfits. I look over to his eyes wide in amazement as he stares at all the colorfulness and oh how he looked so adorable right now. 

“Would you like the honors of opening the door?” I ask snapping him out of his dazed state as he looks up at me and smiles wide before opening the door slowly. The room was as bright as the door because the walls were white with rainbow splatter on it and the cute wall stickers, placed in an organized fashion, along the walls. When you look up there are fairy lights hanging from the ceiling. The playpen was set up in a corner of the room facing a large tv on the wall across from it. I thought little Mocha would sometimes enjoy watching cartoons or movies in here so I had one setup, for just in case. The old carpet was replaced with a new very fluffy and soft rainbow carpet. Mocha squealed happily and hugged me. “Thank you so much Daddy!” I hugged him back and felt so relieved that he liked it. “There’s more little one. Go look at the closet,” he looked up at me with wide eyes as if he hadn’t expected there to be more. 

Going into the closest I hear him yell in excitement, “ Oh my gosh Daddy! There are so many cute clothes in here...and shoes too!” I laughed at his shout of happiness. I decided to surprise him with some new clothes and shoes while I was choosing what to do with his closet. Some of the clothes and shoes are femminine but that is only because I saw him eyeing some skirts last time I brought him to a clothing store. I thought maybe he was too shy to say he likes them so I bought some skirts and even some dresses and heels/flats for him to try if he wanted. The feeling of him hugging me again pulls me from my thoughts and I hugged him tighter and kissed his head. I then pulled us apart so I could show him where I put his paci and coloring stuff. I also showed him his new toy box which would slowly be filled over time if he was a good boy. I am so happy to finally give my baby boy his playroom.