Part - 2

To receive notifications on time, please follow ibutterflywing

It was yet another day for Shehnaaz Gill - Sana; she was sitting by the window sipping peppermint tea. Recently she had not been herself, although she never showed anyone her distress. But she was suffering. Praying everyday for the pain to end, the torment to get over.

She was in lost in her trail of thoughts when suddenly she felt something moving under her feet. She bend forward to look what was the movement under her feet, only to find her mobile vibrating.

Sana hadn't used her phone much in the past six months. She couldn't bring herself to go through the old texts of her ex. It would be a sheer torment to her bleeding heart.

Looking at the small led light blinking, she contemplated whether she should open her phone or not.

What if it's a work related text ?

Did it came from the camp I applied for ?

Worse. Is it his ?

With a shaky breath she picked up her phone. Opening the text she squeal in excitement. It was from the camp stating that her application had been accepted.

"Shehbaaz !!! Shehbaaz !!! Come here", she called out her brother to share this news with.

Her brother came running to her room, " WTF Sana !! You scared me to death. I thought you fell from the window."

"You are not being funny Kaalu", Sana rolled her eyes at Shehbaaz's antics.

"Whatever moti. Tell me why you were shouting or else I am going. I have a girl to impress", her brother said in a bored tone.

Showing the msg to Shehbaaz that she just got few minutes back from the camp management, she said, "Dumbo. Remember I told you about the Camp ? I just got their reply. Guess what ?? I got in."

Excitement was evident in her voice. Shehbaaz looked at his sister and smiled. "Congratulations Moti"

This was the first time in six months he had seen her this excited for something. Not that she wasn't always smiling, but he knew her smiles have been awfully fake lately.

*****************

Sana had to leave the next day, but she hadn't talked to her father about it yet. Her fears of being denied to attend a camp miles away from Punjab got the worst out of her.

"What are you thinking Sana?", Shehbaaz asked tapping on her head slightly.

"Papa won't allow me to go", Sana frowned.

"So....Are you dropping out of the training ?" Shehbaaz knew how badly his sister needed a getaway. Exposure to new things will help her move on.

Shehnaaz didn't want to give up on this opportunity. This was once in a lifetime chance. She could get trained and probably can help her find real hapiness in life. Her mind had exhausted from the facades she had to put up by smiling when from inside she was burning.

"No...No....I am going. I'll just go tomorrow.... A-an-and you please tell Papa that I went to visit my friend Meera", she suggested.

"What! You want me to lie to Papa.....You must be kidding right", Shebaaz narrowed his eyes at her.

"Well if you think so, then Nope", she said and winked to him. She knew her brother would do it for her.

"No no no no...A big NO !! I am not going to do this. Dont you dare put me into this....I got lot of scolding last time because of you". Shehbaaz shook his head completely disagreeing with the plan.

"Please bro! Just last time for m... This is a life time opportunity for me to make my dream come true and I promise when I get my first award I'll dedicate it to you". She said in low voice with the intention to emotionally blackmail his brother as she knew it always worked in her favour.

"Okay! Okay I know what you're trying to do....Just go !! I'll handle all the things over here", he said finally giving in.

Sana jumped with excitement and hugged him.

Her brother had agreed to this stupid plan because of the gleam in her eyes. In the last six months, this was the first time she had shown this much emotions for something. For a moment it felt like his sister was back.

"Just take care if yourself...and don't mess with anyone there", he said with concern.

"Don't worry.....I know that look. Trust me, I'll be fine", Sana assured her brother. He might be couple of years younger than her, but surely he was the mature one. Whereas Sana, her emotions always have made things worse for her. She wasn't someone who takes every step in her life calculating the pros and cons.

Nope !!! It was not her thing. She always believed in 'Go with the flow'. According to her, what was the point of worrying about something that hasn't happened yet.

Deep inside she acknowledged that this was the reason she had her heart broken by her ex. She was too ignorant towards his ways and thought it would get better with time, but it didn't.

Pushing these thoughts at the back of her mind, Sana quietly packed her bags as she had to leave for the camp the next morning.

That night was the first night in the last six months that she wasn't thinking of the past, all she dreamed about was of the future.

A bright future ahead !!!

****************

A/N : I hope you liked it.

Please don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.

Thank You !!