CHAPTER ONE

Melanie's POV

"Ahhhhhhhhh, am sorwy am sorry... Someone, anyone HELP!!! pweease don't do this pweease stop!! Ahhhhhhhhh"

I opened my eyes and it was pitch black and it took a second but I remembered I went to bed last night and am in my room  ... It happened again, the same freaking dream, the same dark alley, the same little girl running from an unknown man ...

I have been having the same  dream for a while now and immediately I wake up my head gets foggy and I can't pin it down but I can feel it at the back of my head like it doesn't want me to remember... Weird right?

I have been trying to figure out what the dream is about every night I wake up and how it connects to me but I have just little pieces... I sit on the bed and hug my knees in the dark trying to remember but I  all could think of was the unknown chaser was a male adult.... Ugh!! I give up .

Since I can't sleep anymore I went downstairs to get a snack, I went quietly so I won't wake up my family and started my school project that is due next two weeks.. I know am a book worm but don't call me a "nerd" ever!!
***************************
"MALANIE come down for breakfast "  I heard my mom say.
I just took my bath and am about to wear my outfit.. I settled for Black Demi shorts and a sleeveless white crop top but because I have my mom to worry about my outfit, I picked up a black jacket and wore my boots. "perfect " I thought, I put my hair in a ponytail took my special head band and went down stairs ...

"I don't agree with your logic babe" I heard my dad say

"Good morning "I said ,well typed... Ever since I lost my voice, my dad bought me this special headband I wear that is connected to my phone through Bluetooth and everything I want to say I just typed it and the headband says it in open... I know it's crazy but for long as I can remember I sound like a middle aged male librarian

" Good morning baby how was your night " my parents said

"it. was. nice. " even though I slept for just four hours but I won't ever say that now would I? Nope, cause my mom would start worrying like am about to die...

As we ate breakfast half way my dad yelled "HEY JAYDEN !!YOU KNOW THAT PLACE THAT MAKES ME WEAR SUITS AND GIVES ME MONEY IF I WORK FOR THEM? YEAH AM RUNNING LATE AND I THINK THEY WOULD WOULD FIRE ME IF I DON'T GO NOW SO THAT MEANS NO MONEY AND THAT MEANS "

"Jesus Christ "Jayden cut my dad off when he was about to say"no money means child services will take us cause he can't take care of us" I know it's crazy but it gets my brother all the time and today was just louder. That is my dad for you....a middle age cocky man who sometimes think he is a teenager and forgets he is an adult.

Jayden is my younger brother and I am older than him with just a year and he thinks it's not enough.. Ugh brothers!..He is putting on a white T-shirt and black designer pants with  a blue jean jacket his "signature clothes"

"I was just about to finish my homework online "Jayden  said

I know he is lying, he woke up late and wanted to act like a caring boyfriend and started texting Arianna, his girlfriend .He has been dating for a while now behind our parent's back. It's not like he doesn't want to tell them but he scared of what my mom would think and my mom would always find a way to drag it back to me and ask why I don't have a boyfriend and ask if am feeling inferior and want to be a caring mother and shit... But I don't need any of that right now .

"Homework huh" dad smirked

"yes homework "Jayden said eyeing dad

"whatever so long you get good grades I am okay" I feel he said that just because he want my mom to hear and think he is good at parenting but whatever...

"okay since we are done with breakfast let's get going "

"what? I haven't  eaten anything yet "Jayden said

"Not my problem "dad said

Jayden was about to protest when my mom said "Jay honey do you want me to pack up  your lunch "

"no mom I don't do that anymore yeesh" sometimes she forgets we have a  cafeteria at school .

" okay I have that work thing  so let's go pleaseee" dad said... God can he be any less dramatic

We kissed our mom goodbye.. Some longer than others and we went out to the front lawn and hopped on my dads G - wagon (his "second baby") and he drove us to school.

(A/N)
Hey guys.. okay that was the first chapter what do you guys think??
I wanted to give a family scene and see how Mel's family relate with each other... 😅
I really like  playing songs while reading so if you have a song that suits this chapter ..comment below 👇

Where do you think you are going?
Come back here!!! Don't forget to press that little star🌟 button below and comment...