Chapter 17

Season 2 Episode 9

After crashing at Scotts, Sarah leaves the next day to help Lydia get dressed for her party. Unfortunately, she decided to go to the Argent house and that could be the worst idea Sarah would have had in a while. Luckily, she arrived at the same time as Lydia and she sneaked in un-noticed by the other Argents.

"Clear your schedule. This could take a while." Lydia sighs, walking into the room with Sarah, dropping bags of clothes on the bed.

"How many outfits do you plan on wearing tonight?" Allison asks in disbelief.

"It's my birthday party. I'm thinking of a host dress, evening wear, then after hours casual." Lydia explains.

"I noticed you didn't send out any invites.." Allison trails off on the touchy subject.

"It's the biggest party of the year, Allison. Everyone knows." Lydia scoffs.

"I'm just wondering if maybe this year things might be... different." Allison trails off, knowing that her trek in the woods damaged her popularity.

"Why would anything be different?" Lydia asks bewildered.

"You know, things have been a little off lately. Things and people. Especially people. Like Jackson." Allison vaguely explains.

"Why do you care about Jackson?" Lydia frowns.

"Do you know if he's coming?"Sarah asks.

"Everyone is coming." Lydia corrects and holds up an outfit against herself, looking in the mirror.. "This one's a material girl. I love it. On me. Not you. This is for you." Lydia pulls out another two outfits and hands them to Sarah and Allison.

"No one's seen him since last night and i heard his parents are getting really worried. So if you know where he is-" Allison get's cut off.

"This is definitely your colour. Although, honestly, allison, you have to start spray-tanning. You're starting to look goth and i don't even know if it's called goth anymore. It's just pale and pasty and not good." Lydia rambles on about something that's not about Jackson when a knock comes at the door. Mrs Argent. "Mrs Argent, what do you think of this one?" Lydia asks, gesturing to herself.

"It's lovely." Mrs Argent replies, giving a glare to Sarah. "Allison, can i grab you for a moment to talk? Just the two of us." She asks, wanting to talk to her daughter for the last time before she has to do what the code tells you to.

"Can we do it later?" Allison asks, gesturing to the pile of clothes on the bed.

"To be honest, sooner is better." She replies, her hand hovering over her shoulder.

"Party starts at 10." Lydia informs them.

"You'll be around before then?" Victoria asks.

"I don't know." Allison replies, not knowing why her mom was pestering for a talk.

"Allison, you should go, Lydia and I can decide an outfit for you." Sarah tells her friend, who gives her a questioning look, but nonetheless obliges, leaving the room with her mother.

"What's going on there?" Lydia asks.

"Derrek bit her mother, she'll turn tonight on the full moon." Sarah replies, lowering her voice.

"Why is that a bad thing?" Lydia frowns.

"Because it's hunter law to kill yourself if you turn." Sarah sighs and they continue choosing outfits, soon Allison walks back in the room with a happy expression on her face. Indicating that he mother didn't tell her. They get dressed and leave to go to Lydia's party, when Mrs Argent stops them before they leave.