Chapter 45

Season 4 Episode 1

Sarah and Erik ride their bikes into the town, stopping in front of Stiles' jeep. Erik hops off his bike first then Sarah follows shortly after, pulling off her helmet after Erik.

"Long time no see." Sarah remarks, looking at her friends and family who she hasn't seen in months.

"Sarah?" Stiles questions, rushing over to her. "Where the hell have you been?" He shouts, pulling her into a hug. "You promised you would stay in touch then you disappeared off the face of the earth. And we find you in Mexico?"

"Long story short, I was taken by the Calaveras and they wouldn't let me go." Sarah quickly explains, pulling away from the hug to hug her friends who she had been missing a lot during her time away from them.

"Can we get this going?" Erik questions, breaking up the heartfelt reunion. "We need to leave now if we're going to make it to La Iglesia."

"The church?" Lydia frowns.

"Whats the church?" Stiles asks.

"Not a place you'll find God." Sarah replies.

"Wait.. What do you know?" Scott questions.

"Everything. Erik briefed me before I left." Sarah responds, placing her helmet on the ground to tie back her hair before glancing at Erik. "Shall we get going?" Sarah asks and Erik slowly nods, they all share one more look before heading off towards the church. The pack in the jeep and Erik and Sarah on their bikes. They drive through the deserted sand valleys when all of a sudden Stiles' jeep stops. Sarah and Erik notice, turning around and pulling over in order to try and help them.

"What happened?" Erik questions, taking off his helmet and approaching their car, Sarah swiftly on his tail.

"I don't know. It felt like we hit something." Stiles replies.

"Scott, we need to get there by night. It's too dangerous otherwise." Sarah explains, telling Scott to come with her and Erik. Scott ponders it for a short while, turning back Stiles for reassurance.

"Go." Stiles tells him.

"Not without you." Scott says, shaking his head.

"Dude, someone needs to find Derek. We'll figure something out. We always do. Just go." Stiles replies, Scott slowly nods and goes to join Sarah on her bike when Kira stops him.

"Scott! I can't think of anything else to say except for be careful. And I know be careful sounds kind of lame and I'm totally sure the second you're gone I'm gonna think of something much better, but i.." Kira rambles on, trailing off when she can't think of anything else to say.

"No, be careful works for me." Scott says with a smile and Kira pulls him into a hug which Scott returns.

"Please tell me you're not like this with your boyfriend?" Erik questions in disgust. "If you even have one.." He mutters.

"I heard that." Sarah scoffs, playfully hitting his arm. "Yes I do have one and no, I'm not like that."

"Good." Erik remarks. "Kid, the sun's going down!" He shouts over to Scott, who pulls away from the hug and joins Sarah on her bike. The trio make their way towards the church, only stopping by the edge of the valley in order to have a look down at the church.

"La iglesia." Sarah tells Scott, pulling off her helmet.

"What happened here?" Scott questions.

"An earthquake." Erik answers. "It levelled the town."

"Then why is the church still standing?" Scott asks with a frown.

"The locals think it's because of what's underneath." Sarah answers.