Chapter 18

Season 2 Episode 10

They rushed home to find Stilinski, to convince him that they knew who was doing the killing.

"Matthew Daehler?" Stilinskis asks after they convince him.

"Yes." Stiles replies.

"This kid's the real killer?" Stilinski frowns.

"Yes." Stiles answers again.

"No." Stilinski replies.

"Yes." Sarah and Stiles say together.

"No." Stilinski protests.

"Dad, everyone knows the police look for ways to connect victims ina murder. All he had to do was go through their transcripts and find out which class they all attended." Stiles explains.

"Except the rave promoter, Kara. she wasn't in Harris's class." Stilinski disagrees.

"Ohyeah, that's right.so i guess they're dropping the charges against him?" Sarah asks and her father gives her a glare, knowing that she was right.

"No, they're not dropping the charges. Which doesn't prove anything. Scott, you believe this?" Stilinski asks his kids' best friend.

"It's not easy to explain how we know, but you can just trust us. We know it's matt." Scott tries to reason.

"He took Harris's car. He knew if the cops found tire tracks at one of the murders and that enough of the victims were in Harris's class, he'd be arrested." Sarah explains in more detail.

"Fine. I'll allow the remote possibility. But give me a motive. Why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach dead?" Stilinski frowns, not seeing whyMatt would do it.

"Isn't it obvious? Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in years." Stils scoffs.

"I'm co-captain of that team, so id watch what you're talking about." Sarah threatens, and the rest give Stiles a look. "Okay, we don't exactly have a motive yet. But then again, does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?" Stilinski asks as he debates the question in his mind.

"We need to look at the rest of the evidence." Scott informs him.

"That's all back at the station. Where I no longer work." Stilinski sighs.

"Trust us, they'll let you in." Sarah says, gesturing to herself and Stiles.

"Trust you?" he asks in disbelief.

"Trust.... Scott?" Stiles suggests and he nods.

"Scott I trust." Stilinski tells the three of them and they make their way to the station to try and find the evidence against Matt, not knowing that their night is going to turn from bad to worse.

"It's two in the morning." the night officer sighs after Stilinski explains what he wants.

"Believe me, i wouldn't be here if it weren't extremely important." Stilinski sighs.

"We look at the hospital stuff first." Sarah informs them.

"Why?" Scott frowns confused.

"Because all of the murders were committed by Jackson except for one, remember?" Sarah explains in more detail.

"The pregnant girl, Jessica." Scott releases.

"Since Matt had to kill her himself, someone at the hospital could have seen him." Stiles adds then Stilinski turns to them.

"Boys, Sarah." He waves them over into the office. They start looking through evidence when SArah suggests the hospital, since the pregnant woman was killed, so Stilinski starts to look through the security tapes of the hospital when Scott recognises the back of Matt's head.