two

i'm the girl you'd die for

Chiara woke up to an ear-piercing noise, she looked up and noticed it came from her mother

Chiara woke up to an ear-piercing noise, she looked up and noticed it came from her mother. Selma rushed her into the bathroom and noticed the mess Chiara left the night before. If this was a year ago, she'd shout at her daughter, but having a broken mirror isn't the worst they've gone through. Making a mental note to get a new one, she begins to look for clothes on the chair Chiara calls a closet.

She'd constantly put up the argument of "I'm old enough to take care of myself", which was completely true, but was she going to do it? Absolutely not. Alessandro barely had the time and energy to take care of her with all the companies he owns around the world, therefore Selma does. Being a former model taught her how to dress for every occasion, and she wanted her daughter to look stunning.

"Mom, what the fuck is this," grunted Chiara while looking at herself in the mirror. The white shirt felt uncomfortably tight on her chest, while the checkered blue shirt truly showed all of her curves. She was stunning no doubt. "Actually, nevermind, I look hot" she carelessly answered while putting on her black heels.

"I don't understand why you'd put yourself through pain by wearing heels at school," mumbled her mum.

"Because fashion, bitch," Chiara said dryly. Leaving the house without saying another word to her mother, she began driving to the place she dreaded the most, Marymount High.

———

Getting out of her car, she notices that no one is outside, she's late, as always. Her mom immediately sends a text reminding her to head straight to the principal's office. Fucking bitch. She heads to the office and is greeted by the secretary.

"Hey Sonia, miss me?" Chiara jests with a pout on her face and batting her lashes.

"Chiara honey, I don't think anyone here genuinely missed you or your behavior" replied the 60-year-old telling her to sit down and wait while the principal finished a meeting. For once, Chiara decided to listen.

Five minutes pass and she slowly becomes impatient, fuck this shit, she mumbles to herself. She gets up and storms into the office completely ignoring everything Sonia said.

Another student was sitting in front of Principal Sanchez and got scared. Especially when he looked into her eyes; eyes that you either get lost in or see your greatest nightmare. He saw the latter.

"Get out!" she screamed at him. He grabbed his bag and ran out of the office. "You know it's extremely rude to keep your guests waiting Sanchez."

"It's Principal Sanchez to you. And it's great to see you too" he scoffs. Every staff member at the school knew she wasn't going to change but they all had a microscopic amount of hope that she would. He dived right in told her about what the hospital, school, and her parents agreed on; daily appointments with the school psychologist.

"I honestly don't care about this, are you gonna eat that sandwich?" she interrupts while pointing at the sandwich laid out in front of him. Before the principal has time to respond, she snatches it and takes a bite. He's not surprised by her behavior at this point. "Look I'll go to the therapy appointments just get off my dick!" she exclaimed with her mouth full.

"Watch your language," he breathed while handing her a schedule, "just don't cause any more trouble."

"Aye, aye captain" she jokes and leaves with the sandwich and ten dollars she took from his desk.

Dumbass.

———

[tw: mild drug use]

She checks her schedule and notices she has AP Art first, and then her appointment. At this point she was so late to class there was no point in going, and an old school psychologist wouldn't care if she's late. Chiara heads outside towards the bleachers her friends would skip class at.

At times she wondered why her parents never put her in a "special" school, but she never fought it, preferring the city life over some random boarding school.

Digging her hand into her bag, she finds exactly what she's looking for. Pills. The nurses prescribed her mood stabilizers due to her anger, but she never took them the correct way. Using her phone as a flat surface, she grinds three white pills into a thin powder. Her eyes glisten in excitement as she snorts all of the powder, rolling her eyes back in pleasure. Suddenly, slow claps are heard, fuck this is not the moment to get caught, Chiara.

"So the bitch isn't dead..." she hears. Turning around, she faces the two people she could tolerate at school. Aurora and Antonio. "Damn you could have at least called if you needed real drugs" joked Antonio.

The tall Italian had been a friend with Chiara before her move to America, and seeing her kill a bird was not the highlight of their friendship. He knew her mental health wasn't the best, but they never spoke about them. As they grew up, his Italian roots attracted her, causing them to hook up multiple times but that's all he was to her. A hookup.

Aurora, on the other hand, resembled a delicate flower. Chiara never understood why she enjoyed being around them so much. The French beauty caught the eye of many men who looked at her with lust, but she was oblivious to this. They saw her as a little girl who needed their protection, which was wrong. She didn't need anyone to protect her, Chiara appreciated that. She saw herself in Aurora, and knew what a girl filled with secrets looked like, but stopped caring about it.

"It's been a while hasn't it?" deadpanned Chiara. She just wanted to be left alone, for once. Pushing those depressive thoughts away, and focusing back on the two people in front of her. "I'll catch you guys later, I have places to be, people to fuck. The usual."

Antonio and Aurora laughed, glad that their friend was back.

———

Walking back into the school building she notices students going to their next classes, and it's as if everyone paused to look at a goddess.

Boys looked at her with hungry eyes while girls glared with greed. And all the goddess did was smirk at the boys, and blow kisses to the girls. She headed to the psychologists' office and without knocking, walks in.

"Holy shit" she mumbled.