six

siren
a woman who is considered to be alluring or fascinating but also dangerous in some way.

sirena woman who is considered to be alluring or fascinating but also dangerous in some way

September went on to be a calm month, which is bizarre for anyone living in Chiara. They assumed the devil had nothing up her sleeve, but that was wrong.

Chiara was getting along with her parents, or at least they'd like to believe. She refused to speak to Antonio after the party, which made no difference to her, although she began talking to Aurora more. She learned that Aurora had a sister that was in the same hospital as her due to anxiety, causing Chiara to wonder if they were thinking about the same girl.

Her daily appointments with Dominic became more serious as he focused solely on her, and she had finally stopped flirting with him. Which she never consider flirting, they were just simple conversations.

In complete honesty, Dominic did miss her flirtatious comments, he could tell there was something off with her. He did ask her once what was wrong, to which she replied to with a, "it's none of your business" and Dominic let it go.

What Chiara showed to the outside world was a girl at peace with herself, but that wasn't the case. She never changed, and never would change. Chiara would notice that with time, Dominic truly cared about her health and helping her get better.

Perfect.

As October rolled around, nothing was different and her new behavior started to please Dominic, making him proud of the work he's done with her. And now with Halloween the next day, Chiara couldn't wait to show off her costume.

———

She walks into the school with her head held high, sending winks to her colleagues as they looked at her angel costume in admiration. An ironic choice to say the least. Her white lace dress and small angel wings turned heads across the hallway. The costume itself was simple, but the fact that Chiara was the one wearing it, made it look like the most expensive gown worn.

Noticing Aurora wearing her nurse outfit in the hallway, they smirk at each other and headed to class.

Her grades were impeccable, which shocked many teachers. Chiara wasn't dumb. Working wasn't something she enjoyed doing but it made her look better.

After sitting out in gym class for not wanting to play basketball, it was finally time for therapy, or playtime as she likes to call it.

Chiara sits down in the waiting room and notices that the lights are switched off. Interesting. Being the curious girl that she is, she approaches the door but stops before twisting the door nob. Curiosity killed the cat, she heard her mind say.

Fuck it, she whispers and opens the door.

The smell of alcohol filled her nose, she'd never smelt anything so strong. After turning on the lights, she hears a small groan and looks at the office table. And there he is, sitting with his head down with a bottle of vodka in his hand. Dominic lifts his head up and his eyes widen at the angel in front of him. She's beautiful. No, she's beyond beautiful.

"You need to leave," he mumbled, not wanting her to see him like this. He gets up and throws the bottle in the bin, and noticed she hasn't left. "I thought I told you to leave—"

"No." she interrupts.

He marches towards her, while she moved backward until her back hits the door, and traps her body with his hands on the door. It was so silent she could hear their heartbeats in sync and could smell the alcohol he bathed in. Chiara smiled innocently at him while batting her lashes. Dominic rolled his eyes in frustration— or maybe it was in pleasure.

"I told you to leave! Do you ever fucking listen?" he yelled.

"And do you ever not fucking drink," she ridiculed him.

"Watch that fucking mouth, Chiara" anger filling his voice and face.

And that's when it came to her. He's weak when he's drunk.

Chiara begins to sob, "What's wrong with you! Why are you so mean to me, I've never done anything to you! You always make me feel like shit!" Dominic slowly backs away from the girl. "I hate you! I hate you!" she repeats.

Running both hands through his hair and slightly pulls on it. He fucked up.

Before he could apologize to her, she storms out of the room, but not before looking back at him with tears running down her face and a grin he was too oblivious to notice.

an: kinda short and shitty oops. i wrote this book a month ago so idk why my dumbass doesnt update faster LMFAO i was so tempted to delete this book bc it kinda drove me insane but yeah 😹