sixteen

she was born to destroy

[not edited]

"Hello?" Dominic picks up his phone as Mariana calls him. After Chiara left, he spent the night alone but wasn't bothered by it.

"D-dom did you see the news?" Mariana quietly sobs. She wasn't crying for Chiara, she was crying because she knew how much this would affect Dominic. One day wouldn't be enough for him to completely forget about her, he needed time to heal.

"No. Did something happen?" he gets up reaching for the remote and turns on a news channel. 

And that's when he sees it.

The horrific scene of two cars completely demolished as medics rush a man to the hospital, and a woman's corpse is in a body bag. The reporter starts speaking, and as he hears her voice, he's knees start to feel weak and tears burst into his eyes.

Daughter of millionaires Alessandro Ricci and Selma Ricci, Chiara Ricci involved in a fatal car crash, the other driver, Antonio Giovani, is alive but hanging on to his life.

That's when his knees couldn't hold on anymore and he collapses on the floor. Mariana was still on the phone, silently crying as she felt helpless while her friend sobs.

Dominic imagines her lifeless body in his arms. He sobs, remembering all the times they had together, whether she faked all of them for her own benefit or not, at that moment in time, he felt good.

Even with all the drinking, just having her around was enough for him. But he clearly wasn't enough for her. 

As his sobs echoed throughout the house, he can hear her poisonous voice whisper,

i got you where i want you.