Her

It's the first day of summer but something doesn't feel right. I just moved to Illinois so I'm away from all of my friends back in New York, I really miss them. My mom says I'll make new friends though...

I open my phone. The first image I see is this girl named Emily Jones from a family band called SM6. Ive seen her a bit on my fyp, she's super pretty and seems super sweet. I end up watching way too many thirst edits of her and end up being really attracted to her. I then look at the location on the post, "Illinois", omg. I had no idea she lived here!

Suddenly I can feel butterflies fill my stomach as I imagine what it would be like to meet her, meet EMILY. I start smiling, she seems so sweet. I start think about what it would be like to be more than friends with her, to have her hold my hand, to go on dates with her to the park and ofc, to kiss her. Before I can finish my daydream I hear my mom yelling downstairs for me to go to bed.

"MOM ITS ONLY 12:00 CANT I STAY AWAKE A LITTLE LONGER, ITS SUMMERRRR". No response. I go to my bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face then crawl into bed, its hard to sleep when I'm thinking about her. "Maybe someday..." I drift off to sleep before I can finish my thought.