Chapter 3

Elizabeth's POV

I was sitting on my bed pulling my hair into a tight ponytail on the top of my head. I relaxed back into my pillows, my eyes locked on the window waiting on for my orange clad hero. The whole day my mind had been filled with thoughts of him and his baby blue eyes. I chuckled a little at how girlish I was acting, I laid on back smiling up at the ceiling. 

"Now don't tell me your falling asleep already."

I smirked sitting up quickly to see Mikey standing in front of the window. His eyes sparkled with youth, his smile went from ear to ear, he chuckled at me as I sat up to greet him.

"Good to see you again Mikey."

I said as I threw my legs over the side of the bed.

"Nice pajamas."

He smirked, I looked down at my fuzzy pink pants and my white three-quarter shirt with pink Polk-a-dots. Heat started to rise in my cheeks as I smiled back at him.

"Thanks."

He sat down on the bed next to me.

"So is it story time now?"

He asked with wide curious eyes. I chuckled slightly, adjusting myself so that I was looking directly at him.

"Yes but I must warn you, it won't be as interesting as yours."

I said with a half smile.

"That might be so, but I bet it's one worth hearing."

He gave me warm smile, causing me to return it.

"Well I've lived in New York all my life. I used to live in a small town house close to Brooklyn with my family."

As I spoke I pushed myself out of the bed and towards my dresser. I grabbed the two white picture frames and carried them back to the bed. I handed them to Mikey before taking my seat.

"You have a nice looking family. You look a lot like your mother."

He said as he looked at the pictures, he smiled and handed them back to me. I laid the one to the side that contained my father, my mother, and a younger version of my brother and I. The one I held in my hands now was just a picture of me and my mom. I smiled and said.

"My mother was from California. So I inherited sun kissed skin and long blonde hair from her." I said with a sad smile on my lips.

"That you did."

He smirked at me.

"So why do live here now?"

With a curious look he asked. My smile faded and with a deep breath I continued the story.

"When I was 13 my parents were killed in a car wreak, leaving behind just me and my brother."

I watch his face turn to sorrow.

"I'm so sorry."

He reached out and put his hand on top of mine. I smiled back at him shaking my head.

"It's okay it was years ago. Anyways we had no relatives that wanted to take us in. Thankfully my brother, Eric, was 18 when it happened . He was able to gain custody of me as long as he could afford it."

"And he does?"

Mikey asked raising a brow.

"Well he's a bartender so we mange. I'm a waitress at the dinner across the old antique shop on 11th and Bleaker."

"And you go to school?"

He asked.

"Yes I go to school from 8-3 and then I work from 3-11."

I explained.

"Do you have any off time?"

He titling his to the side.

"I'm off on the weekends but I spend that time studying."

"So what do you do for fun?"

He said pulling his hand back to him.

"I don't have time for fun. My brother thinks that I should get out and live a little, but I don't really know how."

I said as I walked over to the dresser putting the pictures back.

"That's okay dudette. I can show you how to have fun!"

Mikey exclaimed as he jumped off the bed.

"You can?"

I asked raising a brow. He chuckled at me and grabbed my blue sweatshirt off my bed frame.

"I am known as the Party Dude."

He smiled as he threw me the sweatshirt.

"Why do I need this?" I asked looking at it.

"Because I'm about to give you lesson on having fun. Put it on."

I did as he said and once I had it on he tossed me a pair of my flats and I put those on as well.

"What are we doing?"

I ask as I followed him to the window. He stepped out on the fire escape and smiled at me.

"Meet me on the roof."

With a wink he disappeared. I sighed shaking me head as I walked out on the fire escape. I then went up two more floors. I saw him standing in the middle with his hands on his hips smirking at me.

"What took you so long? I was beginning to think you stood me up."

I walked over to sand in front of him with a smirk of my own.

"I'm sorry I'm not as fast as a ninja."

I said giving him a playful push. He chuckled grabbing my hand and leading me over towards the edge of the building.

"Are you ready to have some fun?"

He asked in a playful tone. I gave him a doubtful look.

"What are we doing?"

I asked pulling my hand from his.

"Rooftop jumping. You can ride on my shell."

He said reaching for my hand again.

"Is it safe?"

He gave a slightly annoyed look.

"Yes it's safe. Come on dudette live a little."

With a sigh a I placed my hand back in his. In one swift movement me he had me on his shell and my arms wrapped around his neck.

"Are you sure about this?"

I ask right next to his ear. He chuckled at me and said something I will never forget.

"Keep your eyes open Liz. You don't want to miss any of this."