Chapter 20

Elizabeth's POV

"Eric I'm home."

I said as I walked through the door. I pulled the multicolored scarf up to my chin to hide the bruises on my neck. Kelly had put make up on my face to try and hide my black eye, but it could very well still be seen.

"I'm in the kitchen Liz."

He called out. I hung my coat up on the hook leaving my scarf on. The whole apartment smelt of fresh melted cheese and tomato sauce. I walked in and saw a fresh out of the oven lasagna.

"It smells so good in here."

I said as he put a chunk on a plate. He turned around with a smile that disappeared once he saw my face. He roughly placed the plate back down on the counter, he gently grabbed my bad cheek.

"What happened to you?"

He ask clearly upset.

"Eric it's not bad."

I said trying to pull away from him.

"You said you were going to a friends house?"

He asked turning my head to get a better look.

"I did go to a friends house."

I said pulling away roughly, causing my scarf to fall to the ground.

I watched as his brown eyes widened and his jaw dropped slightly. He stood there staring at my bruises for a moment. I brought my hand up to hide them the best I could but I knew it was to late.

"Who the hell did this to you?"

He practically yelled.

"I was attached by Purple Dragons on my way over to Kelly's house."

I said what I had rehearsed for hours. He looked at me in disbelief, angrily he pointed his finger at me.

"Why didn't you call me?!"

He stepped towards me with anger making me back up slightly.

"I didn't want you to worry."

I said in low tone.

"Your not going anywhere by yourself anymore."

He said taking another step towards me. Now anger began to serge through me.

"Eric your over reacting."

I said stepping back towards him.

"I'm over reacting?! Elizabeth you have bruises all over you!"

He yelled back.

"But I'm fine. You don't have to go all protecter mode."

I said in a calm to me, hoping it would calm him down. He turned his back to me and rubbed his hands through his hair.

"What if something worse had happened to you?"

He asked with his back turned his voice breaking a little.

"But nothing did, I'm okay."

I said stepping towards him. He kept his back turned to me as I got closer to him, soon I was right next to him. Very gently I placed my hand on his shoulder, I leaned my head down to try and see his face.

"Eric?"

Before I could register it he quickly wrapped me into a hug, squeezing me hard and barring he face into my shoulder. I hugged him back not questioning what was going on. Suddenly he pulled back and looked down at me with tears in his eyes.

"Please be more careful. I can't lose you too."

The sadness in his voice made tears flow down my cheeks as well. I hugged him again and through my tears I said.

"I promise."

We stayed like that for a while util he pulled back slightly and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you little sis."

He said as he wiped away a few of my tears. I smiled up at him.

"I love you big brother."

He pulled away and dried his eyes. I watched as he grabbed his keys and his jacket, I had almost forgotten that he still hade to go to work. I followed behind to the door where he was waiting for me.

"Don't forget about the lasagna. I'll be back around 5 or 6." 

He said with a smile. I smiled back at him, with tears still threatening to fall as he opened the door to leave.

"Be safe."

I said. He smiled back at me.

"I always am."

And with that he disappeared down the hallway to the elevator. With a sigh I shut and locked the door, making my way to my room to change. As I flicked on the light I was startled to see Mikey standing in my room with his arms spread open waiting for me.

Without hesitation I ran to him wrapping my arm around his neck, he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into him. I let a few tears soak into his plastron as he rubbed circles on my back not saying a word.

I pulled back and smiled up at him with matted hair and make up rolling down my face. He carefully he used his fingers to wipe my makeup away and push some of my hair away.

"I love you sweetheart."

He said with a smile. I stood on tip toes placing my a soft kiss on his lips. I pulled away and smiled placing my hand on his cheek.

"I love you too my orange clad hero."

The End