Chapter 14

Elizabeth's POV 

"We got here as soon as we could."

April said as her and Casey walked through the lab door. I looked up at them for a moment before I went back to wrapping gauze around Leo's stitches.

"Donnie you need to get some rest."

I heard Kelly say as I finished up with Leo. I watched Donnie, with gauze around his neck and his glasses on walk over to his desk and pull his tablet out of a drawer.

"I need to find out what's wrong with my brother."

Donnie said giving her a stern look.

"Where is Mikey now?"

I asked looking at Master Splinter who was standing in the corner with a sad look on his face.

"His in the dojo. Tied up and unconscious."

He said with in a sad tone.

"So what's made Mikey go crazy?"

Casey asked.

"I'm sure Nathan and the Foot had something to do with it."

Chanel said. Leo jumped off the lab table and began to pace the floor.

"Well we have to figure out how they did it."

Leo said looking at all of us.

"I can't wait to get my hand on that little scar faced weasel."

Raph said punching his hand. I looked over at Donnie to see that he had his glasses on and was completely focussed on his tablet.

"Do you think he'll be okay? Mikey I mean."

Kelly asked looking at everyone. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. I silently sent up a prayer that the orange clad hero I loved would come back to me. No one said anything until Donnie spoke up.

"Guys I think I found something."

He said in an urgent tone. Everyone in the room gathered around him to hear what he had found. On his tablet was a picture of a solid blue flower shaped like no flower I had ever seen.

"A flower?"

Chanel asked raising a brow.
"

Its an extremely rare flower that grows in southern Mexico. It called 'flor de muerte'."

Donnie said. With out thinking I went ahead and translated.

"It means 'flower of death'."

Everyone turned to look at at me.

"I took two years of Spanish."

They all turned their attention back to Donnie.

"So how does this flower have anything to do with Mikey?"

Raph asked impatiently.

"It says here that this flower is crushed up and turned into a serum, that once injected it turns a person into an assassin who answers to the person who injected them."

He explained. Casey spoke next.

"So how does he know who the targets are?"

Donnie continued reading before he said.

"It says that the serum is mixed with the DNA of the targets."

"Well that explains why he didn't for  Splinter. He wasn't a target."

April said.

"That also explains the huge bruise on his arm. It was the injection site."

Leo said.

"This also says that it will turn the color of their eyes black."

Donnie said.

"I'm going to bathroom."

Chanel said through a yawn.

"Be careful princess."

Raph said as she walked to the door.

"I'll be fine. He's tied up and unconscious."

She said before disappearing out the door. Raph sighed before rejoining us.

"How long will he be this way?"

I ask crossing my arms over chest, trying to hold myself together. 

"The serum doesn't wear off. Once he eliminates his primary targets he is stuck on assassin mode and answers to the one who injected him."

Donnie explained. I sighed in relief.

"Is there an antidote?"

Master Splinter asked. Donnie nodded and began writing stuff down.

"Me and Kelly can make a anti-serum that can counter react the other one. April can you go to a 24 hour store and pick up these ingredients?"

April nodded.

"Yeah no problem."

She said taking the list from him and disappearing out the door.

"So how long has he been out?"

Casey asked.

"About an hour."

Leo said.

"Uh guys we have a problem."

Donnie said.

"What is it?"

Kelly asked.

"According to this the serum also speeds up a persons metabolism at twice it's normal rate." He explained.

"Meaning?"

Raph asked.

"Meaning Mikey should have burned off the tranquilizer an 30 minutes ago."

He said taking off his glasses. Before anyone could say anything there was an ear shattering scream.

"Chanel!" Raph yelled before running out of the lab. The rest of us following behind him and froze when we were able to see the seen before us.

Mikey was holding Chanel by her hair, they must have been in a struggle. Her clothes were ripped, her eye was swollen and black, she had some blood running down her cheek. She was holding back tears. Mikey looked angry and a little beaten up.

"Enough games."