Chapter 5

Although Harry had only been at Hogwarts for a few days, he hasn't said a word in weeks.

His friends were becoming increasingly worried.

He never spoke, never raised his hand in class anymore, and didn't even pay attention half the time. Not to mention he hardly ever came down to the great hall for meals.

Harry was walking to the library.

He had a charms essay due and he wanted to finish it. He settled down at an oak table in the back corner, pulling out his parchment and self inking quill.

Harry didn't notice the blonde creeping up behind him.

"Whatcha doin Potter? Writing to your girlfriend?" Draco smirked at him.

Harry jumped and fell out of his chair, curling up on the floor shaking. Draco frowned, confused.

"Potter? What's wrong?"

Harry shook his head, hyperventilating. Dracos eyes widened.

"Oh Merlin, Potter! Calm down! Harry!"

Harry rocked back and forth, tears streaming out of his eyes. Draco knelt down so they would be eye level.

"Harry! It's ok calm down. Take a deep breath." He rubbed circles on the younger ones back, the same way he did with his mother when she got overworked.

Harry stopped crying but still trembled. He looked up into Dracos eyes, waiting for him to yell at him, hit him, anything.

But he didn't. Draco continued to survey the boy in his arms, worried.

"Come on Potter. You can't stay on the floor all day." Draco stood and reached down, taking Harry's arm. Harry hissed in pain and snatched his arm back.

"Harry? Let me see your arm."

Harry shook his head stubbornly. Draco persisted.

"Please. Let me see your arm."

Harry's grip slackened and Draco tentavily reached out and grabbed Harry's arm. He gently pulled back his sleeve.

Cuts. So many cuts. Some had scabbed over, some pinkened and still glistening and some had faded into pearly white scars.

Draco froze.

"Oh Harry."

Harry began to cry again.