Chapter 1: Preperation For Cora's Birthday

~8s POV~

I wake up 2 hours after the talk about Sonia and Leon with Cora. As expected, Cora is still snuggling with me, her head up against my chest and and arm still around me. I kiss her forehead as she starts to wake up. "Good morning my love." She rubs her eyes and hugs me whilst replying, "Good morning sweetheart. You have any plans for today?" As she asked that, I had to make an excuse for my plans. "Well I need to go out to buy some things for tommorow, ok?" She hugs me tighter, "But I don't want you to leave me." "It'll only be for a couple of hours, besides, you have your switch and the movies on TV." She still didn't want me to leave, but after a bit of convincing, she said yes.

I got out of bed and got dressed; me and Cora had been dating for 3 years at this point, she was used to seeing me shirtless, so she didn't mind me getting dressed whilst she was in the room. "Now, what's your favourite breakfast?" I pick up my bag and place my keys, shopping bags and other essentials into it. "Waffles! Especially with maple syrup and blueberries..." She started to dream about the food and nearly missed me leaving the room and heading to the doorway. Luckily, she noticed and ran to me in no time. "I'll be back in a few hours." I kiss her on the lips before I leave and after she waves to me as I walk down the street, shutting the door after watching me go out of sight.

The plan was to meet up with Sonia and the rest of the agents so we could pick up everything for Cora's birthday. But before I did that, I had an important job to get done. I walk to the nearest jewelers--I was going to propose to Cora on her birthday. I was extremely nervous but knew she would love it. The reason I had to go to a jewelers was because I was getting a custom ring made for her; it was going to have a heart in the middle, that was created with both our ink colours and then marbled together, with a diamond on each side of the heart. I had already ordered it and was picking it up now. As I enter the shop, the wind chimes start to make a noise, and I step up to the counter. "I'm here to pick up a custom order that I made a week ago." The inkling at the desk nodded and headed to the back of the shop to pick it up. After about 5 minutes of waiting, he comes back out with a white ring box, holding the ring inside it. He passes it to me and I instantly take a look at it. It was perfect; she was going to love this! I pay and leave, and then head toward the Makomart to meet up with the others.

"Hey guys! You all got your presents for Cora's birthday tommorow?" I go toward the gang and they all take out their presents. Callie and Marie has got Cora a new game for her switch; Pearl and Marina got her some posters; Sonia got her some books. Then I was asked a question by Pearl, "Yo, Tobias. What you gettin' Cora for her birthday then?" "Nothing big..." I pull the ring out and show them all. They all knew what it meant. "Your proposing to her?!" Marina asked and I nodded, they were all exited for me to be doing it. "Anyway, whose ready to get the decorations for her special day?" Everyone cheered and we headed into the mart to buy what we needed.

Sonia picked up the table cloth along with the paper plates and napkins, Pearl and Marina got the decorations that hung from the seiling in the shape of Octolings and inklings, and Callie and Marie picked up the banners and other decorations. Whilst they were all doing that, I picked out the food. We already had the pizza in the freezer at home, along with all the snacks in the fridge. All we needed now was the one special food Cora loved for breakfast--Waffles! After picking up everything I needed for this special day, I took a detour and headed down the art supply section as I needed to pick up some things for my art.
At the end of the shopping, we all met up and payed for everything we bought, then headed home to hide everything before Cora goes to sleep. Once that happens, we can get to work

~Minutes Later~

"I'm home! And I have company!" Cora walks my way and hugs me tightly, the takes my bag and puts it on the table, then proceeds to help the others as well. "You guys wanna play some games whilst your here?" Cora asks them all as we all unpack, making sure Cora doesn't see anything she would think is suspicious. "Yeah, why not. Not like I have anything better to do." Cora responded. She meant it literally, all she had been doing was spending time alone and crying about Leon, its something better to do than what she normally does. "Yeah, me and Marie have no missions to do right now, we can stay. And it'll be the same for those two." Callie replies for the remaining people; her, Marie, Pearl, and Marina. "Lets go!!!!" Cora runs to her room and grabs the switch and Dock so we can play on the large screen in the living room. It was 11pm, we had plenty of time to relax! But then I realised, I hadn't planned what I was going to say to Cora when I ask her to marry me! I didn't know what to do, but I had until tommorow morning to plan it, so it was going to be fine.

~A few hours later~

We played Mario Kart, Smash Bros and 1 2 switch for a couple hours before switching to watching a movie, this was when I left the room so I could plan what I was going to say to Cora the next day.

I take my diary out of the draw and pick up my pen. I flip to the back page and begin to write down every idea that popped into my head. The ideas consisted of:
-Your the most amazing, beautiful person I've ever known
-I love you with all my heart
-I can't think of a time without you
-you are my agent 3, and I love you
-ever since I you saved me after the Octarian attack, I've loved you
-i can't stop thinking about you, and miss you whenever I leave you. I never want to be apart from you
-Will you be my queen and marry me?

They all were ideas that had been in my head for the last week, but none of them helped, what was I supposed to do? "Hey Tobias. Am I interrupting a thought?" It was Marina. "No, no. Its fine Marina, I was just writing down something." She took one look at the book and saw the ring drawing I had created in the middle. "You know, she will say yes, no matter what you say. She loves you, and you know that, there's no changing the way she feels about you. So stop worrying about what to say and just focus on the moment." "Thanks Marina, that makes me feel way better." We talked for about an hour. I showed Marina my drawings of the enemies and anything else that I had drawn, she then talked about her experiences when she first diverted from the octarian army. We then talked about my experiences; and by the time we realised we had been talking for hours, it was 4.30pm.

"We should order dinner. Order takeaway for everyone and we can all sit and eat on the couch whilst we watch a new movie." Marina followed my instructions and ordered stuff for everyone. After a wait of about 30 mins, we got our food and started to eat whilst watching a film. It was called Revenge of the Squid a movie we were all exited to watch.

~2 hours and 30 mins later~
We finished watching the film and eating 10 minutes ago, and we started to talk about some of our favourite quotes of the movie, some of the funny ones were:

Execute special 66. It'll be done DJ.

Have you ever heard of the tragedy of DJ Deadf1sh the Octarian?

Hello there! General Inkobi!

Its over Ikanin, I have the special!
You underestimate my Areospray power!
Don't try it!

Master Ikanin, there are too many of them what are we doing to do?

In the name of the agents of the squidbeak army, you are under arrest. Are you threatening me Agents? The lead agent will decide your fate. I am the lead agent. Not yet. Well, it is treason then.

We all laughed and proceeded to act some of the scenes out, but as it came to my turn, I noticed Cora, asleep with her head on my shoulder and arms wrapped around me. I tried not to disturb her, but in my efforts to try keep her asleep, she woke up when I moved. "Did I miss anything?" "No you didnt, sweetie. You want to go to bed?" "Yeah please. Can I sleep with you tonight though Tobias?" Cora asked me as she got up. I nodded and went off with her, but before I did I gave a thumbs up to the team. They knew that they should start decorating for tommorow.

I got into my pj's and got into bed with Cora. She layed her head on my chest and hugged me. "I'm worried, Tobias." "What about?" I put my head on hers and looked down at her. "I'm afraid that something bad could happen, Leons been missing for 3 years, what If he's evil? What if they take you? Or what If they hurt our friends? What if..." "Theres nothing to be worried about, I'll protect you. Nothing can hurt my princess when I'm around." I kissed her and we both fell asleep.

"Tobias... Pst... Tobias." Sonia was shaking me. I rubbed my eyes and questioned what she wanted. It was 7 am, the agents had gone home, got sleep and come back for Cora's party. "Come with me!" I got out off bed and before I followed Sonia, I got dressed into my outfit. The ring was in my back pocket for when it was time. It was August 12th, Cora's birthday, and I hoped nothing would ruin it.

As I walked into the living room, I saw the decorations hanging from the seiling, the plates placed neatly on the table, along with napkins, a banner hung above saying 'Happy 23rd birthday!' "It's perfect..." The presents were neatly sat on the table, wrapped perfectly in a lime green wrapping paper. The last one she would get was mine.

All we had to do know was wait for her to wake up...