Chapter 6: A Threat Emerges

~8s POV~

We crawled through the vents and entered a large room. It was full of machines and tubes. "Fascinating..." 9 said whilst taking notes. "Sea water, Sanitized ink, chemicals.... Oh no..." I ran off and entered the next room.

~7s POV~

"8! Don't go yet!" I followed him, but before I did, I took a look at the colour of the ink. A dark teal colour, with specks of teal and greenish-grey bands moving in it. As I ran to the next room, I looked around to try find 8. I couldnt see him anywhere, but what I did see was a shooting range with thousands of new weapons. "Seems as if they have decked out their new army." I said. 9 was behind me and questioned. "They?" "Yeah. Tar Tar took 4, my boyfriend, and now he is working for Tar Tar." I heard movement in the next room, so I crouched and stayed as silent as possible. We emerged on a walk way above the room and I stood, speechless. "Oh my cod..." Thousands of Octolings, all fitted with new and improved weapons, armour and range. They were ready to strike if told to. "No wonder 8 is worried about our lovers, they could have done this to them.

"8!" I ran over to him, to see him looking through a window. The torture room... "I... I... I don't like this... Please be ok Cora, please still be my adorable and cute inkling, not one of them, or injured from the torture room." 8 talked to himself and had tears in his eyes. "It'll all be fine 8, we can save them. Don't worry about it." He nodded and we headed to the next room after 9 finished note taking.

~8s POV~

This was the final room. No sign of 3 or 4 until now, or Tar Tar. I entered with 7 behind and 9 behind both of us. "CORA!" I ran to the corner where I saw her chained up, weak, and injured. "It's ok. I'm here now." "T-Tobias? Y-your here?" she slowly looked up and tried to smile. "What did they do to you? Doesn't matter, I'm going to get you out of here." I tried to pick the lock to the cage so I could get in and try to get Cora out. "I-it's no use. H-he is here. Ta--" Before she could finish, she was electrocuted. She screamed in pain, and a fell backward, watching the girl I love, with my own eyes, be tortured. I turned to see if 7 and 9 were ok, but I saw 2 Octolings holding 9, and Leon holding 7, with a gun to her head. "Well, well, well... If it isn't the traitor... Welcome ho--" "What do you want Tar Tar? And before you call this my home, it isn't my home, my home is in Inkopolis with Cora, not here serving you!" I pulled my Splatterscope out and aimed for him, but I then realised I couldn't shoot. I was bieng held by some Octolings. They then took my weapon, and forced my arms behind my back, then forcing me to the floor.

Tar Tar was now a cyborg. No longer a phone with a tentacle sticking out. He was half robot, half cephalopod, with teal ink, kind of like the Sanitized ink, flowing out of some of his joints. His tentacles were black, blending into a navy blue, then green, and then yellow tips. His eye was teal on his cephalopod side, and white on the other.

"So now you're here. What do I do? Boys, bring the girl out, put her next to the traitor. Make sure she cant get away." They did as they said and unchained Cora, bringing her out and putting her beside me. "Now, do I Sanitize 3 and watch her kill the traitor? Or do I turn the traitor and watch him kill 3? Or do I turn them both or kill them both?" "Ok, if your gonna turn me, let me at least give my girlfriend something before you do it." I told him, and he accepted. "Ok, looks like I'm turning you. I'm going to keep the girl alive, let's see how long she can live with watching her boyfriend be evil." He laughed as the Octolings let both of us go.

Cora fell to the floor. She tried to pick herself up, but she was too weak, so I picked her up and supported her. "Please dont do this Tobias. I-I can't live without you." Cora started crying, but I hummed into the light and calmed her down. "Don't worry, they can't separate us, even if we are different sides. I will always love my cute little princess." I held her face in my hand and continued humming the song. I then leaned in and kissed her. It was kind of like the first time we kissed, where it went on until we had to stop. But this time, we were pulled apart by Octolings, not being able to enjoy each others company for longer. "Well times up... Say goodbye to being good, traitor." Tar Tar came up to me and took out some ink. It was Sanitized ink.

~2s POV~

"6, how much longer?" "They only have 30 seconds, they should have contacted by now! Somethings happened to them. You and 1 need to go in now!" I nodded and headed in with 1, leaving 5 to fix the helicopter after we crashed, and 6 and Lukas to guard.

~8s POV~

I was forced down on the ground but trying to look away from my fate, yet it was no use. "Any last words?" "Yeah, how about, stay away from our leader!" 2 shouted and shot at Tar Tar, knocking the ink out of his hands, and the Octolings holing me and Cora to move and let us go. "Attack!" Tar Tar commanded 10 to 20 Octolings to attack us all. I tried to pick Cora up, but 1 pulled me away. "Cmon 8! There isn't enough time!" She pulled me out of the room and I watched Cora being dragged back to her cage and being locked away again. I stood still for about a minute before looking in the opposite direction and running.

~Commander Ts POV~

I held 4 back as he tried to chase after them. "Let me kill them, or at least bring one of them back for you master." "No, you will have your chance soon. For now, you will resume to your normal actions each day."

~8s POV~

We reached the helicopter and got on after fighting off Octolings. 5 tried to start it, but it failed. "5 we need to get away now!" 7 told her. "I'm trying!" 5 tried again and like last time, it failed. "6 and Lukas, try fix the engine!" They got to work straight away when I told them. We waited about 5 minutes before getting off the ground finally. We had fought off alot of Octolings during that time and we were all tired out. 7 was trying to process the fact she had her boyfriend put a gun to her head; 9 was talking to himself, looking at notes and pictures, probably thinking about something that can help us; I sat alone on the helicopter, crying. I had to leave my girlfriend behind, I saw her get electrocuted, I was nearly turned evil, saw my enemy from the metro in a new body, and also saw my friend evil. I just hope that we have another chance soon to get them back. I don't know how long I can go without seeing and loving Cora anymore. For now, I just need to lead the team to victory and defeat Tar Tar.

~3s POV~

I sat in my cage for about ten minutes before bieng brung out and held by 2 Octolings, even though Tar Tar knew I was too weak to escape. "So after that, crusade, and you nearly escaping with the agents, I've decided to change the way you're going to stay here." He turns and picks something up. "The agents will come here again and free me!" "No they won't! They'll leave you, just like 8 left you here after infiltrating this base. And they won't be able to take you anywhere anyway." He turns back around and starts to step my way. "Why? What are you going to do to me?" He kneeled down and tilted my chin up. "Well I can't kill you, 8 would never forgive me for that. So im taking the second route..." "Sanitization..." "Exactly, and theres nothing you can do about it." He put the ink on my face and stood up. The pain was worse this time. Worse than bieng electrocuted a thousand times. "Say goodbye to freedom; you won't escape this time you bi--" Before I could hear everything he said, I blacked out; fell to the floor unconscious. I wished this would never happen again, but it did.

~Commander Ts POV~

I watch over her as she twitches on the ground. The ink was doing its work; sanitizing every last part of her soul. She then rised and questioned. "Do I know you?" "Yes, yes you do. I am Tar Tar, your master, the one who saved you from the agents of the Squidbeak Splatoon along with my assistant, Leon, also known as 4." I told her and she looked around. "I remember now..." I could tell she still hated me after the first time I Sanitized her. "Well, you are here now. Safe from the agents. You will begin training in the morning, right now, we must discuss plans with 4. After all, we do need to further improve our plan to take over." "Ok master, just promise me one thing, you never try to kill me. If you do, youre the one who's going down..." She walked away with 4. "The Agents will never know what hit them..."