Chapter 12: The Confusing Family Reunion

~3s POV~

It's the 20th of August, the day after Tobias proposed to me, and I accepted. One thing I didn't expect was 3 missed calls from my parents, and about 10 messages asking where I was, if I was ok, and if something had happened to me. Finally, I had the courage to call them back, so I picked up my phone and dialed my Dad's number. I waited for a few seconds, nervous about what they would say, but they picked up and I spoke. "Hi mum, hi dad." I spoke into the phone and they spoke back. "Hey Cora. We didn't think you would respond to us. Annything happend to you to stop you from picking up?" My dad asked. My mum was in the background talking as well. "It's a long story mum and dad..." "Well, in that case, you should come visit us! Stay with us for a few days and we can catch up about it." My dad put the idea in my mum's head, and she agreed, saying there was no way around it. But there was one thing that wanted me not to go--they didn't know I had a boyfriend, fiancé now. "But..." "No buts Cora, your coming to see us. We'll see you soon. Bye!" "Bye..." I said very un-enthusiastically. Tobias walks in and asks me what's wrong, he could clearly see something was wrong.

"Hey princess, is something wrong?" He asked. "Well... I called my parents and they said I should visit and there was no way I wasn't going. The thing is though, they don't know about you, they don't know we were dating, and don't know we are engaged. I don't know what to do now." "Well, we can go and you can introduce me to them. It'd be nice to meet them, after all, we are getting married in 6 months." Tobias says. "How did I get so lucky? You're the best baby." I kiss him on the cheek before starting to pack my bags. Tobias followed and packed everything he needed. 25 minutes later, I order train tickets to get to my parents area. They lived in Inkopolis, but they were halfway across the city, and it took a couple of hours to get to them. "You ready for tonight Tobias? You ready to meet my parents?" I ask him as I get up after ordering tickets. "Ready as I'll ever be sweetie." He hugs me and then goes to get all our bags so we are ready for when we have to go out. I start to panic as I didn't know how they would react to Tobias. I never told them I was an agent, they found that over the news, now I've never told them that I have a significant other, and they are only just going to find out. "Everything will be ok Cora, there's nothing to panic about." I say to myself as I text my parents to tell them I was coming over tonight. The train left in 35 minutes, so we decided to head off to the station and bord our train.

We arrive at the station, get our tickets, and bord the train. "You ok Cora?" Tobias asks me, holding my hand and looking at me. "Yeah, I'm ok, mostly. Just panicking a little about tonight. I've never told my parents about you and I don't know how they are going to react. I know they'll be fine with you being an Octoling, they are used to that, it's just the fact..." "We are engaged, and they will be kinda shocked about it? It's fine Cora, I'm prepared for anything that happens. Let's just chill out for a bit, especially you. Stop panicking about it." Tobias finishes what he's saying and I blush. "I love you so much Tobias. I don't think I would have stopped panicking if it wasn't for you." I lay my head on his shoulder and grip his hand tighter. "Well, that's what I'm here for. I care about you so much, and I won't ever stop caring for you." He lays his head on mine, and we both take a nap for an hour or so, so we had a bit more energy when we arrived at my parent's house. The trip was 2 and a half hours, and we slept for half of it, the last half we talked and looked out the window toward the city. As we were looking out of the window, we see Marina and Lukas riding on a couple of motorbikes. We wave to them and they wave back, riding off as fast as they can.

~After the 2 and a half hour journey~

"We are here Tobias, my parent's house. You ready?" I ask. I look at him, and he looks at me. "I'm ready for whatever comes our way while we are here." He responds. "Let's do this then." I knock on the door and move backward from it. I hear my mum come to the door and start to open it. "Cora! It's great to see you again! Ooooh, whose this that you've brought with you?" She asks as she let's us both in. "I'll explain later, where's dad?" "He's in the kitchen, making dinner." My mum tells me. Straight away, I dump my bags in the hallway and run to him. "Dad!" "Cora!" We fist bump, high five, then hug, like we always did when we saw each other. "Whose this Cora?" He asks as he shakes Tobias' hand. "I'm Tobias, Cora's...." Tobias nearly finishes his sentence, but my mum steps in. "Is that a ring sweetie?" "Yes it is mum. Now, Tobias, as you were saying." "Well, nice to meet you both. I'm Tobias, Cora's fiancé." They seemed shocked at first, but then my mum and dad hug us both. "Congratulations! But Cora, I thought we'd talked about this. Your supposed to tell us about things like this. We don't want another situation like when we found out you were an agent over the news. Except from that, I'm happy for you! How long you two been dating? How'd you meet? Tell us everything!" My dad said. He was enthusiastic about finding everything out, like he always was.
"Why don't we all sit at the table and eat whilst you tell us." My mum says. "Great idea mum!"