Chapter 8: Rematch

~8s POV~

I wake up the next morning, exhausted and still upset. I try to eat breakfast but everything that happened yesterday is still effecting me, so I put it aside and decide to see if Sonia, Lukas, Marina, Pearl, Callie, Marie and Lance wanted to play turf war. Before I could text them all, I heard a knock at the door. I didn't want to particularly open it and see who it was, but I convinced myself to do it.

"Hello?" "Hey Tobias. Mind if I come in?" Marie was at the door in her casual outfit. Hesitant, I let her in and went to the living room. I didn't know if she still hated me after the stupid decision I made, and I think she thought I still hated her. After a while of silence, she spoke up and broke the silence. "So, I wanted to say sorry for yesterday. I over reacted at what you did, its just that..." "It's just what?" "The situation you got into reminded me about my childhood and how I saw my father die during the war. Callie lost her mother the same way. We both watched them die; we were never the same afterward and I hate getting reminded of it. And whenever it happens, I get moody and angry at the slightest things." Marie told me. "I never knew that had happened to you. If you don't mind me asking, who killed them?" "Octavio... We both watched our parents be killed by the Octarian Menace, we managed to get away, and became agents of the New Squidbeak Splatoon to honor them as well as get revenge. Well, it was also the fact Grandpa was the leader of the army of the great war and he wanted us to become agents." "Well, after hearing that... I'm sorry for reminding you of that part of your past, I never meant to do that to you. I shouldn't have made that stupid decision." I told her. "It's ok, let's just agree on something. Next time you do something stupid, tell me before it happens, because depending on my mood, I may join in." Marie finished and we both laughed.

"Wanna play turf war? We can get the full gang together to play. It could basically be a re-enactment of Chaos vs Order. Me, Lance, Callie, and Pearl against You, Sonia, Lukas, and Marina." I asked her "Why not. Sounds like fun. I'll text Cal, Pearl and Marina." Marie responded and pulled out her phone. "Ok, I'll text Lukas, Sonia, and Lance then.

Friends Group Chat:

Me: Hey, who wants to play turf war? Same teams as Chaos vs order.

Sonia: Count me in!

Lance: Sure, I get to use the Areospray PG I bought for the first time!

Lukas: Is Rina gonna be there?

Me: Yes Luke, Rina is gonna be there.

Lukas: I'm joining in then!

Me: Cool! Meet at the arena in 5 minutes then. Marie, Callie and Pearl are also coming.

Sonia: I'll be over there with Lukas in a moment!

Lance: Gonna start heading there now.

Me: Cool, see you there!

"Cal, Pearl and Marina are gonna meet outside the arena now. We should get going." Marie said. "Yeah, the others just said the same thing." With that, we left the house and headed to the turf war arena.

"Hey team! You ready to replay turf war like it was in the final splatfest?" Everyone cheered. "The map is MC Princess Diaries, and the teams will be the teams we were on for splatfest." We all got in the elevator and transported to our check points. I was using the Kensa Splatterscope; Callie is using the Flingza Roller; Pearl is using Glooga Dualies; Lance is using the Areospray PG. We were team Chaos. Sonia is using the N-zap 83; Lukas is using the Kensa Splattershot; Marie is using the Hero Charger; Marina is using Tenta Brella. That was team Order. Time to fight.