Chapter 9: Trouble In Inkopolis

~8s POV~

I fell asleep after thinking about Cora and actually getting to see her again. It is currently 7am and I'm sat at my desk drawing Cyborg Tar Tar and Sanitized 3 and 4. I didn't like to be reminded that my girlfriend and best friend were Sanitized, but that was all that was on my mind--defeating Tar Tar and saving my precious princess and my best mate. Every so often, I look toward the ring box that was still sat on my desk, and it just reminded me of that night that Cora was kidnapped. I knew it wasnt my fault, but It felt like it was. I then put the ring in the draw, not wanting to look at it. I do the same with my book and head to the kitchen to make breakfast.

It was now 7.10am. I had made myself some toast and was now sitting on the couch scrolling through social media. I didn't intend to go out; I wanted some alone time. After all that I had been through over the last week, I needed a break and needed to be alone--I am an introvert after all. Well, that plan went down the drain when Marie called me. My phone started ringing and it was playing into the light as I set it as my ring tone and alarms.

"Hey Marie. What's up?" "Hey Tob--Callie! Stop being impacient! Remember, we still need everyone else to come! Sorry, Callie is being her impacient self." "It's fine Marie. Anyway, why'd you call?" "Well I wanted to invite everyone to the Crust Bucket before tommorow, so we can all chat about the plan as well as have some food. Sonia and Lukas are coming. So are Pearl and Marina, but they have to do some work for their show first. You down for coming?" I sighed and replied. "Do I have to?" "Well, you don't have to if you don't want to, but... You are missing out on free food. After all, Callie is paying for it all." "Hey! Who said i was paying for it all? This is your idea Mari, not mine!" I heard Callie over the phone and I started to laugh. "I'll be there soon Marie." I hung up afterward as Callie was still fighting with Marie about who was paying for food. I got dressed into my comfy clothing and headed out. I took my weapon just incase of something happened, which I would need my weapon for. Better to not need it and have it, than need it and not have it.

I locked the door behind me and took the shortcut to the plaza where I would find everyone at the Crust Bucket. It was still quite early in the morning, 7.30 infact, so there weren't many inklings and octolings out. As I got to Crusty Sean's, Marie came up to me. "Hey Tobias! Just to let you know, Crusty Sean opened his truck early for us, so we could talk when there weren't any other people around." "Oh that's cool!" I replied to Marie. "You ready to talk about the plan with the rest of us? Pearl and Marina managed to get a 30 minute break so we can talk about the plan now." Callie came over and said. "Well, let's get to it." I sat at the table with the team and we started to talk about the plan.

"So, Crusty Sean is making food and drinks now, let's start discussing the plan while we wait. As you all know, our main mission is to defeat Tar Tar, and stop him from perusing his plan of world domination and destroy us all so he can make a new civilisation, one he prefers." Marie started. "Dont forget about saving 3 and 4 as well!" Sonia added in. "Well that's the thing, we don't know where in the base they will be, so we will have to execute the rest of the plan before trying to find them." Callie told us all. "Exactly. That's why we have a plan that should allow us to defeat Tar Tar, save our friends and stop world domination. 5, you will fly the helicopter around, which will have a super jump platform attached to it. 6, you will be helping Lukas in tracking the agents from the trackers in the headsets everyone has. You will also be contacting the agents when needed, and be keeping an eye on most of the cameras as we will need you to shut down a couple of them so they don't know what we are doing. You will be doing this whilst in the back of the helicopter. Me, 1, 7 and 8 will be executing the rest of the plan. 9 already knows his role; he will be collecting more data and also providing important data and information that will give us an advantage in the fight. That good for everyone so far?" Everyone nodded when Marie asked. "Quick question 2, What will me, you, 1, and 7 be doing?" We hadn't really been told the details, so Marie told us them then. "Me and 1 will be dismantling the ink production with you and 7, we will then stay behind and take Octolings out whilst you two find 3 and 4, take them back to our side, then defeat Tar Tar."