Chapter 3: An Old Enemy Returns...

~The next day~

~8s POV~

I wasn't able to get to sleep last night... I was used to me and Cora going to sleep together, snuggled up, keeping each other warm, or one of us sneaking into the others room and getting into bed with them. For most of the night I sat on my bed drawing to keep my mind off of the situation, glancing at the ring that I had got the day before, trying not to think about my love. It was tough trying to keep my mind off of her, but I managed to do it after a few hours.

Sonia stayed over and slept in Cora's room. Every so often, I heard her crying. She still believed this was all her fault, and believed that she was the one to blame. At about 5am, I knocked on the door and she let me in, I wanted to comfort her and make sure she knew we were going to get both Cora and Leon back. Obviously, she knew we would, but continued to blame herself anyway. "You wanna go for a walk? Maybe go to headquarters?" She nodded and opened her rucksack she brought with her when she came over in the morning for Cora's birthday. I exited the room and got changed into my agent gear, whilst Sonia did the same. Afterward, we grabbed an apple each and headed out with our weapons.

"So when did you get the N-Zap 83?" I bit into my apple and waited for a response. "My younger brother got me it. His name is Lukas, and he is 20. He's confident, but can also be shy. Once you get to know him he's really friendly though. I had got him a Kensa Splattershot a few days ago, so he got me this." Sonia put her N-Zap back into her back pocket and continued eating her apple. "I never knew you had siblings. I don't know my family, lost my memory after fighting 3 a couple of years ago and then fell into the Metro." "Oh, well I never knew that. Anyway, I have an older sister called Petra. She's 25, and really ambitious, also a bit, you know, hypocritical and carcastic." We both laughed at that statement, and continued talking. "So, do you have an idea of who was in your family?" Sonia was curious now. No one really mentioned my family as they knew I wouldnt be able to say anything about them. "No not really. But after all this, I know I'm going to have a great family. Ive never met Cora's parents, but after I propose, I hope they accept me into their family as their son-in-law." "Don't worry, they will. Your a great person, they probably won't second guess it. After all, it is Cora's choice if she wants to marry you. Talking about marriage, Cora said before she started opening her presents that she wished you would propose to her." Sonia finished what she was saying, and I was shocked. Cora had actually said something about wanting to marry me? I guess so...

We jumped down the manhole cover and entered Octo Canyon where the Squidbeak Splatoon was. It was 5.30am. Callie and Marie would still be asleep at cuttlefish cabin, and the others would still be asleep in Inkopolis. "Well, guess it's just us for a few hours. Hey, whilst we are waiting for them, can you help me install this new radio? It's so I can move on with my plan to save 3 and 4." I asked Sonia, and she said yes. For the next few hours, we talked about experiences with our lives whilst working. Obviously talking about Sonia's experiences more than mine. The only memories I had was of the last 3 years, starting from when I woke up in the Metro.

"Tell me a bit more about yours and Leon's relationship. How did it start?" Sonia looked up at me and started to tell me how they met and everything. "Well, long story short. We met in high school and after alot of conversations and flirting, I had developed a crush for him. I thought he had too. Turns out he did, invited me to the graduation party as his 'date' and that night I kissed him. Then, the following minute, he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. There's alot more to it than that, but I don't like to talk about everything in between." "Why? What happend?" I was curious now. She had pirked up my interest. "Let's just say it's a story for another day." After that conversation, we finished installing the radio and tested it out. "Testing. Testing. It's works!" I took the headphones off a put them on the stand. It was how 7am, and still none of the agents had showed up. "Give them another hour, and then we'll summon them for the meeting." Sonia suggested, "Sure." I replied and went off to the small kitchen that sat in the corner. I made a couple of cups of tea, one for each of us, and then we sat down and talked for another hour.

9am. Callie and Marie arrived, and Pearl and Marina turned up afterward. I could finally start with explaining what we were going to do that day.

"Hello All. 1, 2, 5, 6, 7. Thank you for bieng here today so we can talk about our plan for the next few days. The one to find 3 and 4. As you can see, me and 7 have installed a radio. It can track the location of you all, as well 3 and 4 through the headsets you all have. Me and 7 will be staying back here to monitor the radio. Any information that comes in, I'll update you about. 1 and 2, you'll patrol octo Canyon. 5 and 6, you'll be patrolling Inkopolis from both air and ground. 1 of you will take the helicopter and fly around. We are looking for octarian soldiers with teal ink and blue and green features. These are Sanitized Octarians, and there is only 1 person who knows how to do it, and that person is Commander Tar Tar. I fought him before with 5, 6 and Captain. We thought we had killed him, but apparently not. If you see any suspicious activity from these kind of Octarians, report back to me immediately." "Ok 8, let's go everyone!" 2 told them all and they headed off. "Well looks like its just for a few hours. Better get to work." Sonia told me, walking over to the radar and placing the headphones on her head.

~hours later~

Still no sign of 3 and 4, where ever they are, there must be a tracker blocker. 1 and 2 didn't see anything or anyone suspicious, niether did 5 and 6."No sign of them 8. Shall I tell the agents to go home and prepare for tommorow?" Sonia asked and I nodded. I was half awake as I was really tired. I dont understand how Sonia lives on 1 to 2 hours of sleep, or even none. "You can stay over again if you want Sonia." "That would be wonderful 8." She smiled and got up. And with that, we walked back to Cora's, and just chilled for the rest of the night.

~3s POV~

I wake up after a couple of hours. I try to move, but realise Im still chained up in the cage. I look around and I see a familiar face, Leon. It's only him in the room from what I can see. I shake the chain and he looks up, tears in his eyes. "I didn't think Sanitized inklings and Octolings could cry about something." He rolled his eyes and then got up. He unlocked the cage and came in, sat down in front of me and started to ask questions. "I have to be quick, I have a meeting with master in a few minutes. Anyway, how's Sonia?" I was shocked. Was he bieng told to do this? "I don't know if I can trust you..." "Please, all I want to know is if she's ok. I was supposed to be interrogating you about the SS, but I couldn't stop thinking about her. Before you ask, I am really resilient to the side effects of the ink for as long as 15 minutes at times, I've got about 2 minutes before it stops." "Ok then. She's ok. Except from shutting herself out of the world and blaming herself from going missing, she's ok." "Thank you Cora, for telling me that." He then got up and left me alone, but then he was grabbed by 2 octolings. "Looks like the amount of ink we used the first time wasnt enough, put some more on him! Teach him a lesson for talking with the enemy!" I shadowy figure told another to put more ink on him, which they did. I sat there in horror as I watched Leon in pain, suffer beacuse he was seen talking with me. "Now come 4, we have a plan to discuss." The shadowy figure left with the octolings and Leon responded, "Yes, master." He followed them, leaving me alone in the corner again.

"I hope Tobias and the others come soon..."