Chapter 4: Leaked Plans

~8s POV~

It's 1.30pm. 7 and I got no sleep last night; we were too worried about 3 and 4, and we were also trying to figure out where they were.

The past day we had seen no traces of enemy octolings, no traces of sanitized ink, no traces of the missing agents. Today was the same. Same patrol teams as yesterday, and no signs of enemies, and no clues of Tar Tar's whereabouts. "Bring them all back to base 7, we need to talk about how we will approach the situation next." 7 nodded and sent messages to the agents. Soon after, 1 and 2 came back from the Canyon, and 5 and 6 from Inkopolis.

"How did patrol go today everyone?" "Same as yesterday 8. No signs of anyone at all." 2 told me as she gestured towards the Canyon. "Same here with me and 6; no suspicious activity or clues." 5 added on after. "What do we do 8? At anytime Tar Tar could attack. For all we know, he could have turned 3 against us just like 4, and also made a Canon similar to the one I've been told about before when you first defeated him." 1 asked. "Well that's why I brought you all here. We need a different approach to the way we search around. Not just normal patrolling--a way we can find clues and persuade that we aren't trying to defeat them any longer. That way we can capture one of the Sanitized Octolings or inklings and interrogate them." I finished what I was saying, and 2 then questioned me. "How do you propose we do that?" "Well, that's the bit I haven't fig--" "Hey 8. We have an incoming folder from an unknown location." I turned and looked at 7, who was at the desk with a radio transmission. "Open it up 7. What's inside it?" I ran over with the others behind me and following.

"It seems to be some kind of base plans... Each room has things in it: an armoury, main room, cells, what seems to be a torture room." "Tar Tar's base..." I guessed. "Exactly, this must be where they are keeping the army, the commander, and..." 7 stopped and smiled. "Our lovers..." We said it in unison. We actually had found where they were! All we needed now was a plan. "I think we are done for the day agents. We know that Tar Tar has a base and that we can find 3 and 4 there. We will meet here tommorow where we will dicuss the plan a bit more and then set off for the mission. 1 and 2, I need you to keep an eye on the radio while me and 7 are gone. 6, if you have any time at all between viewings of Off the Hook, I need you to find the whereabouts of the base and find a way in. 5, any Sanitized Octolings seen around, give them a piece of you and bring them here. That way we have a backup plan. Meeting dismissed."

~7s POV~

I walk back to the house with Tobias. We were both smiling since we knew that we could see our lovers again, but on the inside, we both knew that it would be harder than we thought to get them back. "Hey Tobias, wanna battle?" I pull out my 2 decks of both Yu gi oh Cards and Pokemon cards. "Now the question is, which one we battling with?" He comes over and sets 2 cups of tea on the table. "Ive never played either of them, but... Pokemon." We sat down and I taught him how to play. After that, we played a few games for a bit before ordering dinner, watching a movie and then deciding to head off to bed. I slept in Cora's room like normal but half way through the night, I heard a knock on the door. I got up and slowly made my way to the door. Tobias had also woken up from it. As I opened the door, I realised who it was.

"Lukas?" "Hey Soni, you get the transmission I sent?" He asked me as he came in and gave me a hug. "It was you who sent the base plans?! You absolute nerd, you are a legend Luke!" I rub his hair as Tobias comes over. "You must be Lukas. I'm Tobias. Cool eyes by the way." "Thanks, I always thought my hetochromia was cool. One brown eye, one green eye." He pushed his octoling tentacles aside and showed me his other eye. He then repositions his beanie so his tentacles are back in the right place. "So what are you doing here?" I asked him, and he pulled his laptop out with a USB. "This is why I'm here. Why don't we sit down while I explain."

We all sat down on the couch and Lukas loaded up a video. "This is camera footage from the base itself." It played and it started with 3 people in the room, Cora, Leon, and an octoling.

"What is the Squidbeak Splatoons plan?"
"Your not knowing. You will never know."
Leon nodded after Cora spoke, and she was electrocuted. She screamed in pain as it happened.
"Tell me, what is the Squidbeak Splatoons plan? What are they planning against us?"
"YOU WON'T EVER KNOW! They'll hunt you down and save me before you can find out..."
He nodded again, and Cora was electrocuted for a second time. This time it was more powerful and made her scream in pain more.
"I'm going to ask once more. What is the Squid--"

Lukas then paused it, he saw the tears in Tobias' eyes and the shock on my face. "You sure you wanna keep going?" "Yes, keep it going. Just give Tobias a moment." After a minute or two, Tobias calmed down and we continued with the video. He didn't like seeing Cora in pain and bieng tortured for information. It hurt him the most that his best friend was the one doing it to her. "Just remember, the real Leon wouldn't do this to her. He's bieng controlled, we will save them both, don't worry." Lukas then unpaused the video and let us watch the rest of it.

"I'll handle it from here."
A shadowy figure said those words.
"Yes master."
Leon stepped aside and the figure came out from the shadows.
"What do you want Tar Tar?"
"All I want, 3, is for the information I've asked for. For all I care, I will continue torchering you until you tell me what I need. So tell me, what is the Squidbeak Splatoons plan to destroy us?"
"You won't ever find out, why? You're just another villain they'll defeat, and they'll free me and Leon as well."
"Electrocute her. Consider this a warning, 3. You mess with me, your on the way to deaths door."
He walks off with Leon close behind and Cora bieng electrocuted for the third and final time. She screamed in pain and was then left in the corner, crying because of the pain she was in and she just wished she could get out.

"Tar Tar is a cyborg?!" Lukas nodded at me as I remained speechless. I knew he was alive, but he looked nothing like the drawings Tobias had shown me. "I r-really hope Cora I-is o-ok right n-now." Tobias stumbled through his words while crying. "We will defeat the new Tar Tar and get her back, don't worry Tobias. Why don't you go get some sleep, you definitely need some." I told him and he agreed. So he said goodnight to both of us and went to bed. "Take the beanie of Lukas, I wanna see my little bro the way he was before dad died." He took it off and his tentacles moved to where they usually would be if he didn't have a beanie on. "Why don't you take your makeup off then Sonia." I did as he asked and we both laughed for a bit. "You wanna tag along to the mission tommorow? We would need you to hack into some stuff. You are a tech savy nerd." I gave him the opportunity, kind of like when Cora asked me to fight with them for the final Octavio battle. "That would be really cool, that way I can talk to Marina about tech stuff." I chuckled and got up. "I'm gonna get some sleep now. Feel free to sleep on the couch here. Goodnight." "Goodnight sis."

With that, I gotta onto Cora's bed and fell asleep in no time--the first time I had actually got sleep on a night in 3 years