Chapter 20

Third Person POV
A few hours later

Thirty injured and ten dead. Xavier and Alex both took shots protecting Kennedy and Niya. Jaida shot and passed out. An ambulance came and took the three to the hospital.

Ezra disappeared after the ambulance left. He was shot in the arm but he assured Niya and Kennedy that he was fine. He didn't want to go to the hospital. He wanted revenge.

Niya and Kennedy were a waste. Niya couldn't stop crying as she sat in the waiting room. Kennedy hasn't spoken a word since they got to the hospital. She didn't cry, scream or anything. She just sat in the waiting room with a blank face not saying a word.

"Any word" Jaida's mother said as she walked into the waiting with a sleeping Hayley in her arms. Niya shook her head as she wiped her eyes. She reached for Hayley to give Ms.Archer a break as she sat down next to Niya.

"Kennedy dear you want something to eat or drink" Ms.Archer asked Kennedy who sat on the floor leaning against the wall. She didn't say anything only shook her head. Ms.Archer sighed and rubbed a hand down her face clearly stressed from all this.

They been in the hospital for about three hours now and no one said told them nothing on any of the three.

"Family of Mr.Moore" A doctor said as he came out of a room.

A young man got up from his seat and hurried to the doctor. Niya looked at him before realizing that he was Xavier's brother. He had on a black hood and back sweatpants. When Xavier's brother first got here, his hood was covering his face some so she didn't recognize him at first.

"Ricky what are you doing here" Niya said as she walked to the doctor and Ricky. Ricky turned around and sent Niya a small smile.

"This is my brother girlfriend can you repeat anything you said to her please" He said to the doctor.

"Your boyfriend was hit his lower stomach. He is fine, we were able to get the bullet out. There was no real damage so he should be alright when he wakes up. I would like for him to stay here just for a couple of days just so we can observe him." The doctor said making Niya smile and nod some. She was happy yet still sad that Xavier got hit in the first place.

"Why didn't you say anything to me when you first got here" Niya said as the doctor left. Ricky looked at her with a small smile.

"I didn't exactly want to talk to anyone" he mumbled to her and she nodded understanding some. She went to sit back down next to Ms.Archer with small sigh. Ricky sat next to her and bounced his leg up and down repeatedly.

"Are these your friends" Ricky asked as he looked at Kennedy and Ms.Archer.

"This is my friend's mom and sister. My friend was shot as well at the same club" Janiya said and Ricky nodded.

"Nice to meet you both" He said and Ms.Archer sent him a smile. Kennedy didn't do anything but stare at the wall.

"Family of Phillips" Another Doctor said as he walked into the waiting room. Kennedy and Ms.Archer immediately stood up and walked to the doctor.

"He is okay. The bullet glazed his shoulder. He passed out from shock but he will alright. He is waking up so if either one of you want to see him" The doctor said and Kennedy wasted no time following the doctor to Alex's room.

"Um is my daughter Jaida Archer okay?" Ms.Archer asked the doctor when he came back.

"I will check on her since I'm not the doctor assigned to her. I will have a nurse come back and tell you how she is doing ma'am" he said and Ms.Archer smiled and nodded.

~~~~

"Your daughter suffered a bullet to the side of her stomach. The bullet in pretty far. Lucky the bully didn't hit any major arteries but she did lose a lot of blood. She also went into shock which trigger her body to shut down some. Because of that we had to put into a medical induced coma just so her body can in way reciprocate itself" The doctor from earlier who gave them the news of Xavier said. Ms.Archer sobbed and shook her head.

"She will wake up Ms.Archer once her body has had a chance to heal. Now we don't know when that will happen because it is only really up to Jaida and Jaida alone. I will maybe hope and suggest a little bit over a week if longer." He continued and Niya rubbed Ms.Archer's back softly as she cried. Kennedy rubbed a hand down her face as she paced some.

"Thank you for saving my baby" Was all Jaida's mother said and the doctor smiled softly before excusing himself to inform Ricky that Xavier is awake.

"You go be with your boyfriend" Ms.Archer said to Janiya. She shook her head but Ms.Archer gave her a gentle shove toward the doors where the doctors were waiting for Ricky and Janiya to follow him.

"Mama come sit" Kennedy said before helping her mother to a seat. She sat down beside her with a small sigh as she looked around the waiting room with a million thoughts running through her head.

~~~~

"Hey Ezra it's Kennedy. We just heard news about Jaida. She is okay. She is in a medical induced coma so her body can heal but they got the bullet out and she is going to be okay. She hasn't woke yet but they say she might wake up in maybe a week or so" Kennedy's voicemail rang in Ezra's ear as he sat in front of the man who shot Jaida but also came up with the stupid idea to shoot up his club. He just stared at him not moving as the man sat there unconscious with a blood covered face from the beating Ezra gave him.

Ezra wants to kill him but wasn't going to.

He wasn't like that anymore.

But him holding the gun to his head made Ezra believe he was.