Chapter 21

THIRD PERSON POV

It's been about twelve hours since the three had arrived to the hospital with gunshot wounds. It's been five hours since Ms.Archer receive the news of Jaida's condition.

Niya was able to see Xavier and he woke up all high off the medicine they gave him. He was happy to see his big brother Ricky though. Ricky told Xavier that he had called their parents making Xavier even happier. He hasn't seen his parents in person in four months so he missed them.

Kennedy was in shock to everything that happened so a doctor wanted to make sure everything was okay with her and gave her an exam. She was fine other than the fact that she desperately was hungry and dehydrated.

After getting some food, she was able to see Alexander again. He was feeling better and she was happy. She laid next to him in that tiny hospital bed and fell asleep exhausted from everything.

"Ezra?" Ricky said as his best friend walked into the hospital. Ezra looked so lost and he didn't look like he was okay.

"Ricky what are you doing here" he asked looking at him.

"My brother Xavier was shot last night at a club" Ricky explained before pointing to Xavier's hospital room.

"Oh yeah I'm sorry about that. I didn't know he was your brother though Damn" Ezra said before sending Ricky a tight lipped smile.

"what do you mean your sorry about that? Was this at your club?" Ricky asked raising his eyebrow. Ezra nodded and sighed as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Damn man." Was all Ricky said as he sighed rubbing a hand over his face shaking his head. He couldn't even believe this.

"I found out who was stupid enough to start and lead a gun fight at my club and had them killed" Ezra mumbled to his friend but Ricky frowned deeply.

"Ezra I thought you were done with that shit man." Ricky said pushing at his chest.

"I know man and I am. I didn't kill him myself. I had one of the dudes' men do it to him. After I tortured him of course. He shot at my girlfriend Rick. I couldn't let that go" He said shaking his head.

"Girlfriend? When did this happen" Ricky said with a small smile of his face. Ezra James having a girlfriend was news you never thought you would hear.

"Yeah man a girlfriend. She actually is here so I'm going to talk to you later man while I go see what's up with her" He said and Ricky nodded understanding. Ezra walked to the waiting room where he saw Ms.Archer sitting there.

"Ms.Archer how is everything with Jaida" Ezra asked as he walked over to her. She quickly stood up and raised her hand.

SMACK!

"How dare you just disappear while my baby laid up in that hospital fighting for her life" She said as Ezra rubbed his cheek where she slapped him.

"Ms.Archer I wa-"

SMACK!

"No you don't fucking get to give a damn excuse. This happened at your fucking club to your goddamn  girlfriend. And what did you do? Nothing but disappear like you didn't care" She continued as her voice started to raise at how angry she was getting.

"Ms.Archer I-"

"Shut up I'm talking" She yelled at him before raising her hand again making him flinch. She mumbled to herself as she scratched her head and sat back down.

"Now what was you saying Dear" she said in a calm and quiet voice as she sends him a small smile. Ezra looked at her like she was crazy.

How did she go from angry and yelling to quiet and sweet? Ezra asked in his head as he rubbed his red cheek.

"EZY" Ezra turned around at the scream and smiled when he saw Hayley was running toward him. He bent down and picked her up throwing her into the air before catching her.

"Hey bunny" He mumbled to her with a smile on his face. She smiled at him and laid her head on his shoulder hugging him.

"I missed you Ezy" She mumbled into his neck. Ezra smile grew bigger as he held his world in his arms.

"I missed you more my little bunny" he said before sitting down next to Ms.Archer.

"Any word" he asked her as he played with Hayley tickling her.

"Not since the doctor came the first time" Ms.Archer mumbled with a sigh.

"You know why don't you go back to my place and get you some rest ma'am. I'll call you if anything changes. I can watch Hayley while you rest." Ezra suggested as he looked at her. She smiled and nodded standing up.

"Here's the keys" he said before giving her them. She thanked him and kissed Hayley's head before leaving. She drove her rental here so she would drive that to his place.

"Ezy my mom is hurt" Hayley said sadly as she playing with his fingers sitting on his lap.

"I know bunny but she is getting better as we speak" He said to her and she nodded.

"Are you hungry bunny?" He asked but she shook her head no. He nodded and rubbed her back as she leaned against him tired.

~~~

"Hey Ezra." Kennedy said as she walked back into the waiting room. He lifted his arm and gave her a smile. Not even in the mood to talk.

"I'm going to go home to freshen up. I can take Hayley as well if you need me to" she said making Ezra look down at Hayley who was playing games on his phone.

"You want to go with auntie Ken" Ezra said but she shook her head.

"I want to stay with you" She mumbled looking up at Ezra.

"I know bunny but why don't you go with her and get all clean. Then you come back with me okay" he said and she nodded sadly before getting off his lap.

"I'll be right here waiting for you bunny" he said and she nodded before hugging him.

"Bye Ezy" she said before running to her aunt.

"Bring me back some food Ken" He said to her and she nodded. He stood up to stretch some and sighed.

Fucking hate these waiting room chairs he said as he sat back down.