19

~ Other Regina's POV ~

I have gathered everyone needed for this. I have an angel, a demon, a witch, and ten other wendigo. We have been preparing for two whole years to save the wendigo race once and for all, and we will do just that tonight.

Tonight, during the Blood Moon, the Veil between Worlds is thinnest. And because of that, I can essentially slip into the fabric of another reality and become a part of it.

Elara stands beside me in the tear between worlds, the hole in reality that I discovered.  The one that showed me the tyranny of Regina Tso's rule.

"Regina Peshlakai," Elara says, looking at me. She is my cousin, after all. Why else would she be so high up in the army?

"Elara Peshlakai," I say.

"Are you ready to march on the other world?"

"I've been ready to do this. For too long have we sat in silence and obedience. For too long we've wished for equality among the other creatures of the world. No more. Wendigo will come out on top, this time around, at least. And there's nothing they can do that will stop us."

Elara nods. "We will make sure they tremble at the mention of our names."

I glance at her. "But I do have a question for you, Elara."

"What?"

"You do know that your mother is alive on the other side, don't you?" I ask.

"Yes," she says. "I won't be going after her or anything. You don't have to worry about me."

"You know I will any ways," I say.

"I know, but try not to, okay?" she said.

One of the witches who's working with us comes up to us next.

"It's time to cross over," she says.

"Good. Get everyone ready," I say. "Let's do this."