22

The other me comes by later on to check on us. She walks over to where the boys are, and shakes her head.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," she hums. "I truly thought better of you."

"Let us go!" Nick growls. 

"No can do, I'm afraid," she says. "In case you hadn't figured out, I rule you now. You are my prisoners forever and you're never getting out."

"Why?" Jade asks. "What the hell did we do to you?"

"I've seen the future," the other Regina spits. "And in it, you kill all wendigo. Which is what I am."

"No, I'm a skinwalker," I say.

"Right. But I am a wendigo." She smiles ferally and then leaves.

After a moment, I pipe up. "Okay. First  ... what the hell is between you two?"

"There's a lot," says Henry.

"Well, we apparently aren't going anywhere. So tell me."

"When you were gone, there was a fight. And it was basically between me and Nick, and it was because he had bloodlust for Tori."

I feel like I was stabbed in the heart. Bloodlust is more of a craving most vamps get on occasion. It's not something that they can control. But still, it hurts to know that even when I was in the process of being kidnapped, he had strong feelings for another girl.

Nick begins to growl low in his throat. "Shut up, Henry."

"She deserves to know!"

"I'm not saying she doesn't, I'm just saying that maybe you're hurting her more than necessary!"

"Don't. Don't suggest that I'm hurting her," Nick says. "Please."

"Fine," says Henry. "But please ... don't keep things from Regina anymore."

Nick snarls and his fangs form. I shake my head.

"No, no more fighting," I say softly. My words keep losing their bite, drifting into the sadness that perches on the edge of my mind.

I walk away, sitting down on the floor and turning away from him and the others.