40

I'm facing off against a Faerie, and she is trying desperately to get ahold of the humans behind me. I snarl at her, even though I'm not in my skinwalker form. She stumbles back after a moment, and looks at my stomach and shakes her head.

"I won't hit a pregnant woman," she says softly.

"Wait what?" I ask, looking at her, then down at my stomach.

She shakes her head. "I'm sorry. It's just ... I can't." The Faerie then disappears.

I get the humans out of the hospital, and then I run back to the hospital, and once I cross the boarder, I stop. They are gone. The attack, it's just ... done.

If it weren't for the corpses in the halls and rooms, I would not have known that there was a massacre. Well, save for the thick scent of blood and the debris from the bodies. I guess it's not debris but insides? I don't know.

I stumble against the wall, and I smell it. Blood. But not human blood. Skinwalker blood. My blood.

I look down at my body, and I see the deep gash in my side. Dangerously close to my stomach area. And if I am in fact pregnant ....

"Help!" I call. "Help!"

I keep walking, but I've lost a lot of blood. I don't know how much blood I've lost. I'm stumbling through the room and heading towards the room where I can smell vampire.

Nick looks up as I approach, and he is instantly at my side and is helping me. He carries me to the bed, and then I start to pass out.

"Nick, I'm pregnant," I say.

His eyes widen. He remembers it too. The night we shared about a month and a half ago. Wait. No, was it ... was it only a month ago? Or longer?

I look at his light brown eyes. He looks at me, shock etched into his face, and then he sets me down against the bed. My blood trickles off the edge of the table, and I feel someone walks over to me.

My eyes flutter closed.