39

We are taken from the park and brought to the hospital. Nick is taken back to be checked out for any more injuries, but as I'm sitting there, and a nurse is checking me, I feel something happen. I don't know what, but it is driving me crazy.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," she says.

"I'm ... not sure what I saw," I say, looking away and wrapping my arms around myself.

She just nods awkwardly and resumes working. But then the feeling gets more intense and hard to ignore. I look at the window, and see that the setting sun is casting purple light on the dark night clouds. But something is off about the very sky itself.

Then, it happens.

The burst of light in the sky, and then the sky itself seems to explode. The nurse screams and falls on her butt, and I turn around. There's a portal, a hole ripped into reality, and I see darkness beyond it.

That's when it happens.

An army of all sorts of creatures runs through the portal, like they'd been waiting for the portal to open. One of them, a Faerie, punches the nurse and picks her up by the throat.

"Death to all humans," the Faerie female snarls, and then she rips the human nurse in two, throwing her halves to the floor.

I don't move as the creatures stream past me, ignoring me and all other creatures like us. But the humans ... they're killing them left and right.

I get up and jump over the corpse of the nurse, and I sprint into the halls, yelling for anyone to hear me. Finally I find Henry, and he is protecting the two humans cowering in the corner of his room.

"Regina! Get them out of here, go!" he cries.

I nod, and gesture for them to follow me. But just as the human man is walking by a witch, the witch casts a blast of flames at him. He cries out and I shove the witch, knocking her sideways. She snarls at me, and I morph my claws. She decides this is a losing battle, and glares before vanishing.

I lead the humans to the outside of the hospital, and tell them to find help. Then, I run back in. Henry is being helped by a fully morphed out Jade, her thin wolf form jumping from person to person, attacking the ones that get too close.

The sound of screaming fills the still air, and I see a group of wendigo. Familiar looking ones, too.

"Oh no," I say.

It's all the people Other Regina recruited. She let them through ... did that cause the explosion? Is that terrible army something that another version of me created?

Oh, spirits ... what next?