25

I wake up on the floor of a cage, but I'm all alone. The bars of the cage aren't made of silver, just metal, but I already know I'll have to morph again to open it.

I look around, taking in the dimly lit room and the sound of my breathing (which is very loud when it's so quiet in here). But then I sense something. I'm not sure what, so I just move closer to it, to whatever it is that I'm sensing.

"Hello?" I ask into the darkness.

Nothing. I wait a minute, but there is no sign of anyone else being in here, aside from the weird off feeling I have at the moment. I move close to the edge of the cage, and I see a shape laying on the ground, on its side.

I inhale deeply, taking in its scent.

Blood, fear, pain, water, and silver. Oh, no. It's Nick!

"Nick! Ohmygod, Nick!" I exclaim, slamming my hands against the bars of the cage. He doesn't move at first, and my panic builds. But then, I see him stir.

"Nick! It's me, it's Regina, the real one!" I exclaim.

He looks up, and I realize he's chained with silver to the floor. He looks so sad and in so much pain. His arm is healing from where Elara cut him, but she tore off some skin so it will be a while before it heals the whole way.

"Go away," he says, over and over again. "Go away!"

"Nick, it's me, I swear!" I say. "Please listen to me."

He raises his head and looks at me like I am an alien he's never seen before. I press my hands against the bars of the cage, and watch in horror as he recoils in fear when I make eye contact with him.

He's scared of me. And he thinks I'm her.

"Nick, I swear to you that I'm not her" I say. "I'm not the other Regina. I'm not the one who did this to you. I'm your girlfriend, I'm Regina Tso!"

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" he shouts.

I don't say anything. Is my voice alone triggering him? I reach my hands out of the bars of my cage and I try to unlock the cage door from the inside. I can't twist my hand the correct way to do it though.

I look over at him and silently I pray that he will heal from this.