Between us

The next day, at about noon Sam showed up at our door. I got up and opened the door for him

"Alex went to McDonald's. He should be back in five minutes".
"Wow I think that's the most you've ever said to me Emily".
"Well I'm less shy once I get to know someone"
"Listen I'm not here for alex, I'm here because I have to ask you something".
I'm not really sure what he's going to ask.
"What's up with you and jc".
This question hit me hard.
"I'm so sorry Jc. JC JC I-
I shook the flashback out of my head. I didn't want to re-live that day.
"I'm sorry Sam. I really don't want to talk about this right now".
He saw the tears forming in my eyes and tried changing the subject. He seems like he would be a great friend.
Then alex came in
"Hey Sam"
"Hey Alex"
ALEX'S POV
Mmmm French fries. I'm going to brag to Emily. This should be fun. Wait Sam is here? Emily is about to cry? Sam is about to get it. He sees my dirty glance and so does Emily. Emily spoke up.

"It's ok Alex. He was just wandering about... Jc and I"

I instantly understood.

"Sorry Sam it just takes a lot to make Emily cry."
"It's alright your just being a brother" Sam replied

SAM'S POV
Wow this is a really sore spot for her. It was quiet for a while before Emily decided to go upstairs. Me and Alex were left together, sitting on the couch. I was about to say something but then Alex spoke up

"Do me a favor and don't bring this up to her. It's not exactly her favorite thing to talk about".
"Well what happened"
I know it sounded nosey but I was really curious.

"I promised her I wouldn't talk about it".
I just sighed. Great just my luck. I have to ask Jc. It going to be hard to get it out of him.
"Well I'm just gonna go now"
"Bye Sam"
"See Ya later"
I pulled out my phone and called jc as I left.

JC POV
My phone rang. It was Sam.
"Hey Jc can I come over?"
"Yeah sure"
He always comes over. probably just wants to hang.
About 20 minutes later Sam showed up at the house. Before I even said hey he started talking.
"Jc I need to ask you something".
"Uh ok" since when does he tell me he needs to ask me something? He normally just asks me the question.
We walk inside and he looks at me
"What happened between you and Emily".
I felt like I got punched in the face. Anger boiled inside me and I couldn't calm it.
"WHY DONT YOU JUST ASK THAT LITTLE BASTARD. SHE OBVIOUSLY DOESNT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ME".
"Whoa calm down jc and... I actually did ask her"
"Oh great SHE DOESNT EVEN CARE ABOUT ME SHE PROBABLY JUST SAID THAT SHE FUCKIN HATES MY GUTS AND EVERYTHING ABOUT ME"
I couldn't help it. I had to let my anger go.
"Jc... She. Cried"
What? She cried because of me. After what happened I thought that she hated me and that's what caused me to get so angry at even the mention of her name.

"She cried because of me? No I don't believe it. you've got the wrong Emily".
"When I asked her about you she got really emotional and told me that she couldn't tell me what happened".
Well I guess it would help to get this whole thing off my chest.
"Ok Sam here's what happened"