33.

"Look, baby, I said I ain't gon' front
You got my heart beating so fast to words I can't pronounce
And I be getting the chills every time I feel your touch
I be looking at the top and girl, it's only us
All I need is your trust"
-what you know bout love by Pop Smoke

King

"Are you whores on the way or no?" Leah asked

She was on the phone with Chanel and Mariah.

She was driving us to her parents house for the barbecue where smurf, Tupac, & I would be meeting her family.

Leah told me as soon as she got back to her parents house after their sibling outing her brother Kayden snitched on her so they invited me to their family barbecue.

Chanel and Mariah were already going so Leah told them to invite Shawn and Mitri so we could get the introductions out the way.

"Alright bye."

She hung up and dropped her phone into her lap.

"You aren't nervous are you?" She glanced around me before turning back to the road.

"Nah, not really."

"Okay, you don't really have to worry about anything. I don't know who was invited but I can tell you that my older brother is cool he won't give you a hard time. My younger brothers though... especially Kayden. They might try to threaten you." She shook her head.

"They swear they the older brothers, especially Kayden. That lil nigga be so quick to shut shit down but that's my dawg."

"You already know Karin quiet and my mom cool but my father gone try to act like a dad, I would just say be respectful but if he start taking that lil dad thing too far I'll check him so you ain't gotta worry about that." She shook her head.

"Okay that's it?"

"Yeah, were most likely gone have a whole bunch of fun or todays gonna be messy... probably both but hopefully it's just fun but baby when I tell you that family sure knows how to pick when to be appropriate and when not to be chile." She shook her head pulling up to a nice sized house that had a couple cars already parked.

"Okay, lets go." She turned the car off grabbing everything she needed.

We walked up the driveway and walked in the house since the door was unlocked.