12 - Japan vs Canada

Yuki swallowed nervously as Ukai parked the car, her eyes never left the large building and mass of people that were entering it. Her palms began to sweat just thinking about being around so many people. With the different ideas that were running through her head for where he could take her, this was something that had not crossed her mind - she didn't even know what it was. She wanted to ask, but she found herself in a trance staring at the entrance.

"You okay?" Ukai asked as he turned off the engine. She looked at him and forced a smile with a single nod, though the rest of her facial features gave it away how she truly felt. "Don't worry, once we get inside, it won't be so crowded." She nodded again and stepped out of the car. She trusted Ukai, there was a reason he brought her there.

They walked side by side towards the front entrance. She kept her head down and her eyes to the floor, though a few times they wandered to look at Ukai. He was wearing a pair of jeans, they weren't skinny nor really loose, but she found herself once again feeling flustered.

"I think to start off we need for you to fall in love with volleyball again," Ukai stated. "How did you fall in love with it in the first place?"

"W-when my dad t-took me to w-watch Japan vs C-canada as a-a k-kid," she answered after a moment of thinking.

"Exactly," Ukai smiled as he pulled two pieces of paper from his pocket. "So what a better way for you to fall in love with volleyball again than to watch a volleyball match!" He seemed like a child who finally figured out an answer to a hard maths question. Her eyebrows scrunched together as she read what the piece of paper said.

2012 Volleyball Japan

Hosts

Friendly game between

Japan vs Canada

When she read it, her mouth hung open in disbelief. She had only told him about it once, and it was only a passing comment, but he remembered. She was lost for words as she blinked dumbly as the piece of paper - no - ticket.

"What got you into Volleyball? Did your parents play?" Ukai questioned, as he played with food. The store was quieter than usual, so they ordered out.

"I think m-my dad d-did when he w-was younger. He took m-me and Y-Yū to a m-match once. J-Japan vs Canada, i-it's where I f-found m-my love for the s-sport. I have a c-clear memory of a b-ball being s-spiked and the c-crowd cheering loudly. At the t-time I didn't understand w-what was happening, but it g-gave m-me chills, and from then o-on that was all I wanted to do..."

"Uh - if you don't like it we don't have to go in," Ukai started rambling, his hand touching the back of his neck awkwardly. He was so sure she would have liked the surprise but her reaction, it seemed he judged it wrong. "We can go somewhere else-" Ukai already turned on his heels, his face red with embarrassment.

"No," she grabbed his hand before he could walk away. "I'm s-sorry," he stopped and looked at her. "I'm j-just shocked you r-remembered." She smiled, and Ukai found himself going even redder.

"It's nothing, just thought it would - eh be nice - cause you probably-" Ukai was rambling, his nerves getting the better of him again and Yuki found it cute. She giggled to herself before pulling on his hand for him to start walking towards the entrance again.

"This is amazing! Thank you!" He was thankful that she looked back to the entrance so she could not see his rosy red cheeks grow and the goofy smile that formed on his face. She did not stutter, and that made Ukai feel something strange inside. Her smile was broad, and her eyes were filled with awe.

Ukai walked beside her as they approached the entrance. Yuki let go of his hand, feeling herself getting nervous, she did not want him to feel her sweaty palms. And she was sure he did not want to hold her hand anyway. Then it would seem like they were a couple and surely he did not want that, there were many girls his age around, she was sure he could get one of them if he tried. Little did Yuki know that Ukai was a little saddened when he let his hand go, it was a simple touch that he liked.