19 - Unexpected

a/n:Thank you to @/ HQchibi on twitter! He drew this for my birthday and I love it!! They so cuteeee <3

Yuki sat emotionless in the guest room of her grandfather's house. She had run out of tears long ago, now just staring at a white wall, her mind stuck between reality and daydream. Keishin was supposed to have her back, meant to take her side no matter what, and she could not help but feel like her heart had just been ripped out. Even her mother's words had not hurt her as much as this. None he said was particularly hurtful, it was just that she felt betrayed,

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Yuki glanced over to her phone, which lit up. The screen was filled with messages and missed calls from Keishin. She looked back to the blank wall, her eyes catching the clock on the wall. She had pondered the idea of not going to training, the last person she wanted to see was Keishin, but she made a promise to get Karasuno back to Nationals, and she could not do that sitting at her granddad's.

"We're here." Yuki's granddad said as the car came to a stop. She took a deep breath and looked at all the kids exiting the school.

"Thanks, Grandad," Yuki said as she opened the car door. "I'll see you, t-tonight." She stuck her hand into her pockets as she made her way inside, ignoring the constant vibration of her phone. She was a few minutes late, she had quickly made a stop at the girl's gym first. The idea of catching everyone's attention when she entered the boy's gym made her feel sick, but she tried to push it away as she placed her hand on the gym door, swallowing the lump in her throat before going inside.

"Yuki!" Yú was the first to see her. "I've been trying to phone you all day, where have you been?" he asked.

"Sorry, phone d-died..." she chuckled awkwardly. Yú raised an eyebrow.

"But the phone rang, if it died, it wouldn-"

"Yuki you're here," Keishin breathed, his eyes wide. He did not think she would show up. He walked over to her as the team grabbed some volleyballs. "Yuki look, I need you to-"

"First years, you're coming w-with me to the girl's gym. I've got some d-different drills for you guys today!" Yuki cut Keishin off, not even giving him a second glance as she spoke loudly. His eyebrows furrowed together.

"Yuki, please you don't have to do that."

She looked at him. "Will you let me play with t-the Neighbourhood Association Team?"

"What? No, but-"

"But nothing," she started to walk away from him, but he stepped forward and grabbed her hand.

"Yuki listen to me, please." She looked to him, her eyes showing no emotion.

"They're waiting for you," she told him, nodding towards the second and third years. "I suggest you g-go to them before they lose their patience. Coach." Yuki pulled her hand away and walked towards the gym doors, the first years following her. Keishin watched her leave, his shoulders slumping forward.

"Coach, what do you want us to do?" Keishin forced himself to pull his eyes away from her; his heart crushed as he made his way to the team.

"Coach Nishinoya, why are we not training with everyone else?" Hinata asked as they made their way through the school.

"Because you are going to be doing drills, d-different from theirs." Her answer was blunt, but Hinata did not realise.

"We always do different drills in the beginning th-"

"There's no p-p-particular reason Hinata, we just are!" Yuki did mean to snap at him, and instantly she apologised when she saw him flinch to her words. "I-I just want to have one on one's with you guys b-before Tokyo this weekend."