30 - The Beach

From Keishin:

Good Morning. I hope you had a good sleep. I'm going to be working all day. I'll see you tomorrow morning. Remember we're leaving for 10 am. I hope you have a good day beautiful

Yuki stared at the message for a few minutes when she woke up the next morning, unable to stop her grin. She could not help but think how sweet he was. But her smile dropped when she saw the message was sent at 5:28 am. He would be working all day and started so early? She felt a ping of sadness strike her. Everyone else got a break except him. She wanted - needed to do something, even if it was something small to make his day better.

Yuki perked up at an idea, but first, she had a message she needed to send.

To Saeko:

Hey, I know this is random, but I'm heading to the beach tomorrow with Keishin and some of his friends. I was wondering if you would like to come? Would be nice to have another girl with me. :D

Yuki stared at her phone for a moment, there was someone else she needed to talk too, but she had been dreading it since the night before. She did not have a bikini at her grandad's house, she needed to go home to get one, but she had not been home since the argument. In fact, she had not spoken to her mother since.

However, her father had ensured to send a message at least once every other day. They did not say much to each other; he mainly just did it to check up on her.

Yuki sighed deeply as her finger hovered over the ring icon. It was a strange feeling, to be nervous about phoning a family member, but part of her worried that he too would be mad at her for her decisions. That one day, he would stop talking to her also, and that would break her. She was always a daddy's girl. She bit the bullet and pressed her finger down on the screen, pulling the phone to her ear.

bringg

She could just hang up and send a message telling him it was by accident.

bringg

Who says he wanted to talk to her?

bringg

What if her mum picked it up?

"Hello," her father's voice said down the phone.

"Hey," she mumbled. "H-how are you?"

"I'm good, you?"

"Good..." There was an awkward silence. Yuki was close to tears; how could she feel so disconnected from her own father? "Is mum working?"

"Yes, why?"

"I need to come home to g-get something. Do you think that would be okay?"

"YES!" Her father suddenly piped up; he cleared his throat. "Yes, she'll be home around 2ish. I can make lunch if you come at around 12."

"Okay," Yuki cheered up. "I'll see you soon!"

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too."

She hung up the phone and sat on her bed for a few minutes, a small smile creeping to her face. Knowing that her father wanted to spend time with her was a weight off her shoulders. Truthfully, she missed him. She locked her phone and looked at the clock.

10:30 am

She had time...

--

"Welcome to S- Yuki!" Keishin stood up instantly when he saw her, walking around the counter. "Why are you here? I thought you were going to take the day to rest? Is everything okay?"