Chapter Five

"Waah, did you see the new girl yet?" Chaeryoung asked her best friend Yuna. "No, is she cute?" Yuna fan girled.

"I dunno, but I heard she's super rich!!!" Chaeryoung squealed. "I heard rich people are super hot, that's how it usually is in the movies!" Yuna and Chaeryoung started jumping up and down, cheering together.

The two girls looked behind them in fear when they heard those same footsteps walking towards them, from the same black combat boots.

"Hey, what are you doing?" The short haired girl asked. "N-Nothing, Ryujin. How much do you need today? We both saved up $50, so together we have $100!" Chaeryoung stated, Yuna nodding.

"Then fucking hand it over, don't take your time." Ryujin put her hand out and smiled when she felt two stacks of cash in her palm. "Thanks. Have $200 by next week." Ryujin spit on Yuna's hair, then walked off.

Yuna gagged at the spit in her hair, and Chaeryoung was just upset.

"Hey, why did you let her do that?" Chaeryoung felt a tap at her shoulder and a voice coming from behind her.

"Huh-" She turned around and felt her eyes become blessed immediately. "Oh my god, you're beautiful!" Chaeryoung was shocked as well as Yuna.

"Oh, thank you, but that's besides the point-" "Oh my god, are you a Hwang?" Yuna smiled.

"Yes, I am. I'm a new student, actually." Yeji claimed.

"Wait... So you're THE Hwang Yeji?" Chaeryoung's jaw dropped. "Yes, that's me."

Yuna and Chaeryoung looked at each other, shocked. "You're so cool!" The two girls said in sync.

"Ah, thank you!" Yeji smiled. She thought she'd be an outcast or made fun of like at her old school. Everyone stereotyped her as annoying and snotty, but she just wanted friends.

"Hey.. Um," Yeji looked the girls in the eyes. "This might be sudden or weird, but, can we be friends?" Yeji asked nervously.

Her anxiety started to rise when Yuna and Chaeryoung were only starting at her, no words.

"Yes!" Yuna cheered. "Yeah, I wanna be your friend too!" Chaeryoung added.

Yeji finally felt like a normal high school girl.