Chapter Nine

At school ♡

"Hi Yeji!" Chaeryoung waved. "Hey guys." Yeji waved back.

"Sooo how was your first day? Do you like it here?" Yuna asked. "It's great! But, something weird happened yesterday after class." She sighed.

"What happened?" Yuna asked out of curiosity.

Just thinking about what happened made Yeji nervous. She was embarrassed with how she handled the situation.

"Well, do you remember the girl that came into class late yesterday?" Yeji asked her small friend group. "Yeah, what did she do?"

"She tried flirting with me.. It was really weird!" A light shade of pink covered Yeji's ears and cheeks.

Chaeryoung and Yuna gasped. "Ew! We're so sorry she did that, she always flirts with the students who have more money." Chaeryoung said.

"Yeah, she dates them then takes her money." Yuna continued Chaeryoung's sentence.

"Is she in poverty?" Yeji asked the two girls. They nodded immediately.

"Yes, she lives behind a pizza shop! And I heard that her and her mom steal from there too." Chaeryoung replied.

The girls looked behind them, to see Lia walking towards Yeji. Chaeryoung and Yuna backed away.

"Hi Yeji!" Lia waved. Yeji waved back awkwardly. "Wanna hang out after school?" Lia asked, giving Yeji puppy eyes.

Yeji looked to the side, to see that her friends had already run off. Nobody wanted to be seen with Lia.

"No." Yeji replied coldly and walked away. "What?!" Lia rose her voice. "Why not?! We can go to a park!" Lia said, trying to convince the older.

"Leave me alone." Yeji scoffed, and walked to her first class of the day. Lia needed to try harder if she wanted to get Yeji to hang out with her.