Surprises, Surprises

Warning: This chapter has scenes that may be triggering to some readers. Please be cautioned when reading this.

'Where is he taking me? What does he plan on doing with me?!'

Eren had grabbed me by the hand and was now dragging me down the hallway. I followed, walking fast to keep his pace, but I was so embarrassed because of all the stares. No matter what I said, he wouldn't answer me.

We made a turn and I saw the school entrance, a set of grey and black double doors. Was he taking me somewhere outside of school?

He took me outside, and instead of crossing the street or something, he takes us to the back of the school, where many cherry blossoms surround a circle of beautiful green grass. There were flowers growing there, and it was just breathtaking.

Oh great, now I'm thinking like a girl! What's gotten into me?

He finally releases me and I fall backward into the middle of the circle, where he had taken me. I looked up at him from my place on the grass, and he kneeled down to my side, cupping my cheek in his hand.

My eyes widened, and after a second, his eyes widened too, and he jumped up and drew back a bit, his face a deep red. I sat up, looking at his beautiful brown hair.

"Eren... What were you... Going t-"

"I'm sorry I did this to you... I know you're probably creeped out by me... It's just that you reminded me of someone from my past..."

My eyes widened again in shock. I remind him of someone? From his past? But who could that be? "Who do I remind you of?"

He instantly stiffened and held his breath. Did he not want me to ask? Wait... Is he scared of something? Of what? Me? This person I remind him of?

I had so many questions swirling around my head, and he said in a low voice "Someone who I thought loved me. Someone who... Betrayed me..."

(Eren's POV)

I remember it all too well... That day...

~flashback~

I went to his house for the third time this week. We were dating, so naturally I was obsessed with him.

I mean, he was beautiful with his black hair and grey eyes, and they way he was so cold towards others and yet so kind to me. It was like I saw a side of him no one had ever known.

We would often meet up after school to go to one of our houses, usually his. We would talk, then kiss, then make out, then... well, you get the point. We were in love. But then that all changed one day.

I arrived at his house and was about to open the door when I heard someone inside. He had a deep voice, one that I didn't recognize. I pressed my head against the door and I began to hear everything clearly.

"I love you... I love you so much... "

I was wondering what the hell was going on, but then I heard my boyfriend's voice.

"I love you too... more than anyone..."

My eyes widened. 'What?' There was a long silence. Were they kissing? Oh God, no... they can't be...

I was upset and angry, so much that I swung the door open to see my boyfriend and another man making out.

I was right.

My boyfriend was cheating on me.

With someone I didn't know.

There wasn't anything in the world that scared me more, and here it was, being done right in front of my face.