Realization

Warning: There may be triggering material in this chapter of the story, so please be advised.

Oh... Oh god... No...

I sat there in shock. This can't be happening. No... what he said...

That's when it dawned on me. That's why he seemed so familiar. That's why I thought he was different. That's why he did this.

He was the one I dated three years ago.

I thought he had left me. Abandoned me for good. I thought I would never see him again. But now I've seen him again. He goes to the same school as me again. I think we share a couple of classes.

But now he's gone again. Does he know it's me? I couldn't bear for him to know that it was me who did this to him... he may never speak to me again if I tell him...

Wait. After he saw me and that other guy kissing, what did Mikasa tell me?

~flashback~

"Thanks to you, Eren is hurt! You have no idea how badly it hurt him for you to betray him like that! If I ever, ever catch you with Eren again, I'll kill you! You got that?!"

"What?! What happened to him?!"

"Oh, you wanna know? I thought you were a heartless bitch! He fucking cut himself, nearly bleeding to death! And where were you, huh?! You just didn't give a single fuck, did you?! No, you were probably making out with that peice of shit you cheated on him with!"

There was a long silence. I was in shock. He... hurt himself...? Over me...?

"He was out cold for a whole week! You hear that? A week! And even after he woke up, they kept him for a few more days! But where was your sorry ass?! Who knows! You bitch!''

~end of flashback~

Oh no... I have to go to Eren... I have to make sure he's okay!

I bolted to Eren's house as fast as I could. Even after three years, I still remebered his adress. Let's just hope he hasn't moved since then.

When I arrived, I pounded on the door. I wasn't quite ready to let him know it was me, or that I'm the one here, but I have to make sure he's here.

But after a minute or two, there was no response.

I pounded on his door again, and once again there was no response, so I finally just busted down his door.

The house was just as I remembered.

I headed to the bathroom, thank goodness I remember where it is, and I knocked on the door. I heard a small voice, barely above a whisper.

"L...leave me alone..."

I knew it. Eren was so predictable, just like he was back then. I knew he would try something like this.

"Eren... it's me, Levi...open the door..."

There was silence. Was the voice all in my head?

After a few minutes of silence, the door opened a bit, and I saw Eren, eyes red and greif stricken. My eyes widened in horror.

"Oh God, Eren! You look terrible! Let me take you to your room."

His eyes widened big. he was probably surprised that I knew where his room was, and the fact I knew where his house was.

 But before he could utter a word, I hoisted him up over my shoulder and carried him to his room, laying him on the bed.

I took a good look at his arms and wrists to make sure there weren't any cuts, and thank goodness they were clean. Looks like he hadn't gotten that far yet.

"I'm going to get you something to drink, so I'll be right back. You stay there for now." I told him as I turned around to go to the kitchen. But before I could go, he grabbed my hand.

"Levi... how do you know where I live? How did you know I was here? How did you know my house design?"

He was asking so many questions, I got a bit overwhelmed.

"Hey, hold on, hold on. I'll explain after I get you a drink, okay?"

He just nodded slowly, and with that he let go of my hand and I went to get some water for Eren.

I missed it here so much...

When I returned to Eren's room, I gave him the water and he took it, taking a sip.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked him. He stayed silent.

"Look, I know it's strange for me to show up like I own the place, and I know it's surprising to you that I know your house, but there's something I need to tell you."

He looked and me and said "What... what is it?"

I finally just spilled it.

I told him everything, how it was me, how it was a misunderstanding, how I knew it was his house, how I knew he was here, everything. His eyes widened with every sentence.

After I was done, there was silence. His eyes were wide, and they seemed a bit scared.

After a few minutes, I just couldn't take it anymore, so I just stood up to leave.

"Sorry I hurt you again. I'll go. Sorry to be a bother."

I went to the doorway, but it suddenly slammed shut.

It was Eren.

I froze, eyes wide, and then I felt arms wrap around my chest.

Eren was hugging me.

Then I heard words I never thought I'd ever hear again.

"I love you, Heichou!"

He said he loved me.

After three years, I got to hear him say he loved me.

I couldn't beleive my ears. I had waited so long to hear those words again. This felt like a dream to me.

I broke the hug and turned to him, smiling through a few tears, my face hot.

"I love you too, Eren. I missed you."

He smiled at me, and his beautiful smile was enough to make me kiss him. I wrapped my arms around Eren's neck and closed my eyes, slowly putting my lips to his. They were soft, just like years ago.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. From the bottom of my heart, I never wanted this moment to end.