Too Late

(Levi's POV)

I was outside searching for my phone I had lost. Apparently I had dropped it while running here, and while my brain was fucking with my mind. I remembered having it when I left Eren's house, but not when I arrived at my own. So I must have dropped it, right?

I went up and down the pathway. It was too long of a walk to do multiple times, so I'm just going to be diligent about it and hope for the best.

After my run, I couldn't find my phone. I looked in every shadow, turned every rock, but still nothing. Damnit, and that phone was new too... And I'll have to give Eren my number again...

I was walking down the road toward my house after searching and I heard a shrill and terrified scream from down the road. I flinched and instantly became alert. Who was that?

Running toward the voice, I heard a voice calling out in another scream.

"Somebody!! Help!! Levi!!!!"

My eyes widened as I ran. That sounded like Eren! But I thought he was at home! When did he get all the way out here?! He should know it's dangerous!

I bolted as fast as my legs would carry me. I had just gotten him back, and now I might lose him again!

I finally arrived at my house, but there was so sign of Eren whatsoever. I could feel tears coming to my eyes, and I desperately wiped them away before they could fall, trying to reassure myself.

'Itwasn'tEren... It's not him... He's still home, in his bed... He's alright...'

But no matter how much I wanted to believe it wasn't him, I knew that was a lie. He called me out by my name, and I wasn't even there. And it came from the direction of my house. There's just no way it couldn't have been...

I dropped to my knees and began to silently cry. Something happened to him, I know it... But I don't know what it was... And I don't know where he is... I'm so useless...

(Unknown POV)

We saw him. Levi Ackerman, walking down the street without a care in the world. That bastard, he thinks his life is all fine and dandy...

But I'm here to change that.

I signaled to my accomplices that the mission was starting. I didn't want to let him run away now, not after hiding from me for so long.

We all begin driving down the shadowy sidewalk, our footsteps silent. We walked quite a ways behind him, we didn't want him catching on to our presence. It would screw up the mission completely.

After a few minutes of walking, we got to a section to where it was just the road and many various fences belonging to the house is bordering it. The awkward positioning of the streetlamps gave us many shadows that were dark enough to conceal all of us at one time if we had to.

He started to get suspicious after a couple minutes of that. Typical Levi.

His eyes were darting around the scene like a lost puppy. Good, good. Let him be confused. This will add to the magnificence of the mission in it of itself.

After his little about, I think he started to just ignore us. Maybe he was scared? I had no idea, but that was alright with me. Now, it was time to execute the crucial moment of the whole process.

I signaled to my better accomplice to go over to him and start. This one action would start the chain of events that would eventually become the best thing I've ever done for myself and Levi.

And that little brat...

I watched her Trail Levi for a few seconds before slowly slipping her hand into his back pocket. I swear, she's skilled when it comes to this kind of thing. Her footsteps are silent, and Levi has given no hint to knowing her presence.

Once her hand had come out of his pocket, she still followed him, but got slower, and slower, and slower. Once she was far enough away from him to hear, she darty over to us, where we were still walking along the road in the shadows.

She wore a large smile, but new to be quiet. Even a whisper could wreck the whole mission.

She handed me the phone. Of course she would, I was the one who is deciding what we would do with it. But all we had to do for now was wait.

Once he arrived, he scurried into his house. Looks like we really did creep them out. But that was perfect. I wouldn't want it any other way

We stood idle for quite some time, but we realized that it would be better to backtrack. We wouldn't want this to go down right in front of Levi's house, we couldn't risk him catching wind.

We waited about six blocks away from Levi's house for a short time until we saw a small boy running down the road.

Perfect.

But alas, he stood to catch his breath right in front of us. As I stood pondering my next move, the woman who stole Levi's phone whispered "Hey, is that the one?"

I glared at her, wishing she would understand that she has to stay quiet for this part of the mission. But I suppose she has to know if this is the right guy, so I might as well tell her.

I slowly nodded, keeping my eyes on the boy.

"Yes... He is the one we are looking for."

Let the fun begin.