Angelina Jolie

The Name Game

The cab dropped me off in front of the hotel nearest to the airport and drove off as soon as he was paid. The thunderstorm was getting worse with each passing second and that was the reason why my flight was canceled. My five-year-old was latched onto my arm as I rolled out our suitcase inside.

The hotel was much warmer and dry. It looked expensive as hell and even though I could probably afford it, I'd rather not waste so much money.

If it was just me, I would've waited inside the airport overnight for the next available flight but since I had a child with me, I figured it won't be safe. Moreover, the weather seems to be getting worse and I don't think there will be any flights flying tonight.

The went over to the reception. The lady smiled at me, already knowing my queries.

"Hey, can I get a room?"

She glanced at my daughter who cheekily smiled back at her. "I'm sorry but we don't have any rooms available." She grieved for us for a second and then went back to her work.

"Is there nothing you can do?" Well shit.

She shook her head. I felt another presence beside me and twisted my neck to see another woman at the counter.

"Do you have any rooms?" The woman asked the same thing and I felt sorry for her. Angelina glanced at the other woman too and then clutched her soft toy tighter.

"Actually we can do something." The man who I had observed earlier talking on a phone approached us. He looked like the manager of this hotel.

"A couple has just canceled their honeymoon suite. If both of you could adjust in there for a night then..."

"I'm up."

"We'll take it."

"Alright," the bald man smiled at us jumping at his offer. "We'll remove the additional accessories so you won't have to pay for things you don't need."

The receptionist gave me the card of the room and another man walked us to the suite. I let go of Angelina as she was already holding onto my jeans. The other lady who I'll be sharing a room with quietly walked behind us.

The guy opened the door and damn. This is surely going to be an expensive check out in the morning.

The room consisted of a huge bed in the center, a couch just parallel to it, and a door that probably leads to the bathroom. The bedsheet seemed to be silk in a shade of ivory while the pillows were blood red, the bed alone looked romantic.

The guy went further to clean up the rose petals placed on the super king-sized bed and took the champagne bottles with him on his way out.

"This room smells like money and romance." The girl commented, keeping her baggage in the corner of the room.

"Yeah..." I agreed with her. "Hey sweetie go sit on the bed and I'll shower you in a minute." I kissed my daughter's cheeks and took my suitcase to the opposite corner of the room.

Angelina yawned and rubbed her eyes. She squinted them at me but then turned her head when she felt the other woman smiling at her. Angelina gave her a cute smile in return before getting distracted by her toy.

I took out her bed clothes and zipped up the bag again.

"Will it be okay if we use the bathroom first? She's getting sleepy."

"Of course. I'll use it at last, take your time." She smiled at me.

I quickly showered Angelina and dressed her up. I took a shower too and changed into some sweats.