Angelina Jolie

Service Human

My uncle tugged me out of my room, quite rudely as I was still in a deep slumber. "Rise and shine! Today is a new day. Our guide will take us somewhere exciting today!"

"Everywhere is exciting for him, he gets money for that," I grumbled and turned away from the source of his sound. "Yes, yes! But I checked out that place. It's a zoo. I know you've always liked animals!" He exclaimed with joy, shaking my arm slightly in order to wake me up.

"Come on, Y/n. Everyone else is already awake. You don't want us to leave you here in the hotel now, do you?"

"Aigh... fine." I stretched like a dog before sitting up finally. I heard the door shut, it probably being my uncle, Joey.

Joey is a spontaneous person. He loves adventures and discovering new places. I am the complete opposite, I love being alone inside the four walls of my room because I simply feel the most comfortable there. Or my bathroom, where no one can disturb me.

It came off as a surprise when I told Joey that I've booked tickets for us to go to South Africa for his birthday. I just booked the tickets, the rest was his idea. I never told him to book a whole planned trip with a tour guide and other people. But it was for him and so I complied.

Today was our last day with the entire group- which consisted of eleven tourists from all around the world minus my uncle and I. I wish I could name them all, but truth to be told, I remember like four of their names and no one beyond the introduction.

🍋

I stepped down the bus, looking around curiously. The sunglasses helped with the overhead sun, but it just wasn't enough. Although Cape Town was relatively cooler than I expected it to be. It almost felt like a typical day in any of the Northern countries. It was too sunny today for an average day in South Africa, but the weather remained to be cool and breezy.

We were going to a zoo as told by Joey, but instead, we were here at the False Bay for a little whale sightseeing. According to KeVon, our guide, humpback, and Bryde's whales generally migrate here during this season. We were scheduled to arrive at noon so we could see the whales before joining the locals in one of the fetes for lunch.

I stepped aside so I could let other passengers exit the bus. Our guide, KeVon stood there proudly as he mentally counted us like a primary school teacher. He was adorable, especially with his little red flag and a huge hat. "Alright, people! We are here. This is a big place and about to get really crowded so stay together or in groups. Follow me,"

My uncle excitedly went ahead motioning me to follow him, which I did, much slower. I watched my uncle, Joey converse with KeVon like long lost friends and smiled slightly.

I noticed another of our tour members walk beside me. My eyes surreptitiously glanced at the familiar woman, walking with her a sad- almost unreadable expression. In order to light her up, which I don't usually do often to people, I threw her a small smile. "Hey,"

"Hi, it's Y/n, right?" She softly smiled at me, a complete change in her expressions.

"Mhm, and what's your name?"

She moved her head to look at me weirdly, then put on her uncertain façade again. Of course, we've been touring together like this for a week, I'm supposed to know her name.

"Just kidding, I know you're Angelina." I quickly added.

"Oh..." she awkwardly giggled along with me, which only made me laugh harder.

"So you're here with your husband?" I inquired, desperate to keep the conversation going.

"Yes, he's..." she looked around for her husband and sighed when she found him on a call by our parked bus. "He's there. He's busy."