Taylor Swift

Hireath

"Drink it! Drink it! Drink it!" I grinned, in the middle of an intoxicated, anticipated crowd. I raised the dark glass bottle which clinked when I accidentally nudged it to the table and gobbled down the hard liquor until it reached my nose because I couldn't swallow it anymore. Jerking it away, I screamed, my voice mixing with others.

"Girl, you've been drinking a lot." My friend Alyssa pushed me away from the crowd and held my shoulders firmly. Aw, there goes my main character moment. "Go upstairs to my room, you remember where it is?"

I nodded, my eyes closing but twitching open because of the loud music. "It's your birthday, stop worrying about me." I slurred, taking a hold of the stair
railings and pulling myself up the steps.

"Can't help being a mom to you," she kissed my temple and gently directed me up.

Second from the left. Her room is second from the left. Second from the left. Second. Left. Left. Second.

My thoughts were interrupted when I bumped into the wall and almost lost my balance. Regaining it, I supported myself with the stair railings. Her room, where is it?

First to the right? or left?

Three doors stood right in front of me. I felt as if I were in one of those riddle quizzes. The music was loud, so loud that my entire thumped in sync with the beats. My brain hurt from trying to remember such a little thing.

"Okay, so my conscious says it's this door, yeah conscious?" Pointing to the first door on the right, I made up my mind and opened it.

The blue LED lights were on and a figure sat with their back turned towards me. Ignoring them, I found a water bottle right in front of me on the table and chugged it down to sober myself up.

I closed the door behind me, the loud music and yells from the people down was absorbed into the silence as the person jerked their head towards me. My eyesight wasn't the best with just four hours of sleep in two days and a body literally just filled with caffeine and alcohol; but when I saw her— when I saw her, damn, when I saw her I just kept staring.

A white cardigan loosely hung from her shoulders, a ukulele in her hands, her fingers spread out on the strings, her mouth awestruck, and her tired-looking eyes glaring at me ferociously. The room lit with blue didn't do justice to her face as I couldn't make out the features but I did manage to fathom the electric blue eyes that stared deep into my soul and the pair of full lips that were set in a straight line, showing disapproval of my arrival.

"Who are you?"

Her voice was soft, so soft and velvety. Like submerging your fists in a huge tub of ice cream on a hot day, or maybe that kind of soft- your comfortable blanket from when you were a kid. Or maybe a soft satin cloth on your eyes, and you trust it with all your might even though it has you blind.

"Um, I asked, who are you?"

Snapping out, I rubbed my eyes with my hands. "I'm Alyssa's friend. And- and you are?"

"I'm her sister." She looked down, her fingers gently teasing the strings cause the gentle sound to

"Oh, oh. She never told me she had a sister."

She stayed silent and when I grew desperate to hear her voice again, I asked, "uh, mind if I sit?"

She timidly shook her head; for a second I thought she'd said no but noticing how shy she was, I knew she'd agree reluctantly. I went ahead to sit on the edge of the bed closest to her with my hands on my lap as I rehearsed my next lines in my head.