15

"We're going shopping," Colby said. I stared at him standing on my porch.

"Colby, it's 9 in the morning and you just woke me up with the doorbell," I said.

"Great! You're awake! Let's go shopping," he said. "And you're not allowed to say no because I made plans for you to meet with one of my friends so we can check something else off your list."

"Who is it?" I asked.

"You don't know her," he replied. "Hey, have you heard from Jess yet?"

"No," I mumbled. It had been four days since I'd seen her. She hadn't opened any of my texts or snapchats.

"Oh. I'm sorry," he said.

"It's whatever," I shrugged.

"Well let's go get you ready. We're meeting with my friend at 10:30 on Rodeo Drive," he continued.

"Jesus Christ," I said.

"No complaining. I'm helping you not want to die, remember?" he asked.

"Then I'd reconsider your wake me up at nine in the morning plan," I replied.

"Go get dressed, loser," he said, walking inside. We went up to my room and I got changed into an outfit. Before I could open the door, Colby yelled to me.

"Oh, and dress cute or whatever. You're probably going to be in a vlog," he said through the door. I looked down at the sweatpants and t-shirt I'd pulled on.

"Thank you," I said, glad that he'd told me in advance. I walked away from my part of the closet and went to Sami's clothes. I raked through them until I found an outfit that worked. I put on a longsleeve red crop top and some ripped black jeans, then put on my checkered Vans. I threw my hair up into two space buns and then came out of the closet.

"Good?" I asked.

"Perfect," he said. "Are you going to do makeup?"

"Dude, have you ever seen me wear makeup?" I asked.

"Good point. That'll make the makeover on the list be hella dramatic, though, so I guess that's good," he said. "Now come on."

I followed him downstairs and out to his car.

"Are you going to stay with us while we shop?" I asked.

"Sure am. I've been meaning to do a vlog with her anyway," he replied.

"Will you tell me who it is now?" I asked.

"Nope. She can introduce herself," said Colby. We made the drive to Rodeo, then parked the car. Colby called someone on his phone.

"Okay, we're meeting at Fendi," he said.

"Oh, Jesus," I muttered. We walked a little ways until we came to the giant store, then he led us inside.

"Colby! Hi!" a girl excitedly squealed. I looked over at her, and honestly, she was gorgeous. She was wearing a two piece black velvet skirt set and had a long, thick black ponytail with perfect eyeliner.

"Hey crazy," he said, a big smile on his face. She ran over, her black heels clicking on the tile, and engulfed Colby in a giant hug. I stood there awkwardly to the side, staring down at my short fingernails as they hugged.