11: Girls Just Wanna Have Sun

"Wakey wakey."

Isaac opens his eyes, his vision still blurry, to find Liam leaning over him. He experiences a brief moment of disorientation as he realises he can't sit up without bumping his head but it all comes back to him. He's in the bottom bunk in the room of their hostel, Liam demanding the top bunk as if he was still a small child. Isaac was more than happy to concede, he's not exactly scared of heights but the thought of rolling out of bed and falling from the top bunk is enough to make him think twice about it.

"Liam it's too early," Isaac groans rolling over so his back is to Liam, half-open eyes fixed on the wall.

"But we have plans, Isaac. Plus I can't sleep, it's too sunny outside."

Isaac doesn't dignify that with a response, instead he sighs loudly, closes his eyes, and tries to get back to sleep.

Liam is having none of it though and instead decides now is the perfect time to really test out the limits of how annoying he can be. Isaac feels Liam poke his shoulder and he is tempted to tell him to fuck off. But instead, he remembers that they're on this trip for Liam and that the least he can do is be a half-decent friend.

"Fine." Isaac sighs. "But just for the record, you're the most annoying person to share a room with."

"Love you too."

Isaac chooses to ignore that comment, instead focusing on the fact that he literally has one outfit and he's been wearing it for the past few days non-stop.

"We might need to go shopping," Isaac says, "not sure how much longer I can wear this outfit without smelling."

"I think the deadline was sometime yesterday," Liam teases, "but I already thought of that."

Liam must see the confusion on Isaac's face as he tosses a bag across the room where it hits Isaac squarely in the chest. Isaac shoots Liam a quick glare but is easily distracted by the contents of the bag, inside he finds several changes of clothes and even some interestingly patterned swimming trunks.

"I popped into the village when I got bored of waiting for you to wake up," Liam explains.

Isaac can't explain the feeling that settles in his stomach when Liam says this, on the one hand, he's thrilled that Liam thought of him but on the other, the thought of the cost of this shopping makes Isaac feel slightly sick.

"Liam, I can't take this, you need to let me know how much I owe you."

"It's a gift, you know what those are right, besides, I can only see you in the same clothes so many times before I get bored with you."

Unsure what to say Isaac instead quickly gets changed, surprised by how well it fits although he's less impressed by the t-shirts Liam has picked out for him, I Lake You A Lot plastered on the front in neon yellow text.

"You certainly have an eye for fashion," Isaac mumbles.

"It was all they had," Liam says.

Turning around Isaac can see that is indeed the case, Girls Just Want To Have Sun, written proudly across Liam's chest.

"Oh boy," Isaac says, "I honestly can't decide which one is worse."

"I think it's a statement, at least we'll be memorable, and it can give me some inspiration for my Instagram captions for the trip."

Isaac carries on as if he hasn't heard Liam.

"Definitely yours," Isaac decides, "I mean it's sunny like 10 days a year, so I hardly think it's appropriate."