take the rhythm and sound

The second Hinata returned home he opened the poem a second time, reading it over meticulously. He analysed the handwriting and the drawings and none of it really made sense to him. He slipped on it in the first year wing, so it had to have been by a first year. The mystery poet wrote their initials in the corner, too. T.K. The same as Kageyama, but it couldn't have possibly been him. He was too mean. The little doodles in the corners and the incredibly nice paper suggested it was done by a girl, and the whole definitely being about Hinata thing suggested a girl and disproved Kageyama even more. He supposed he didn't have to know who this secret admirer was, though, he had a girlfriend.

Hinata's head dropped back onto the pillow below it, allowing him to grab the volleyball he set on his headboard and hit it up for a while.

Yachi asked him out. It happened after practice one day, when he and Kageyama stayed late to do some more and she decided to toss for them. Kageyama was waiting for Hinata by the bike racks as he always does, and Yachi got the orange haired boys attention.

"Hey, Hinata?" she asked him timidly.

"Whats up? Oh, and thank you for tossing for us! I really owe you one." Hinata smiled and tilted his head slightly to the side.

"Oh, my pleasure. Uhm I was just wondering" she paused for a second "would you like to go on a date with me?"

He couldn't deny they had gotten closer, but he wasn't expecting it. His wonder lasted a bit longer than he anticipated, which worried her.

"I'm sorry Hinata I shouldn't have asked-" he cut her off with a yes and grabbing her hand tightly, reassuring her.

"Do you want to get pork buns with me tonight?" Maybe not the most romantic of ideas, but it was all he could think of. And he was hungry.

"Oh! Of course Hinata, that sounds lovely."

"Alrighty, cool, lets go." With that he went to grab his bike, explained the situation to Kageyama, and they went off. Having their first ever date. That was five months ago.

Kageyama was furious. And jealous. And most of all just sad.

Cloudy skies

Take over my eyes

Change the way I see

He ran home. Furiously and quickly and with tears streaming down his face. He thought if he stopped running he would finally have to realize it all, so he didn't stop. He got home past ten to worried sick parents who immediately saw his tears.

Lift the screams

Clear the dreams

Please let me be free

He had never felt so heartbroken. Nothing had ever felt so horrible. And the worst part of it all was that he couldn't blame it on anybody, except for himself.

Put me on the ground

Take the rhythm and sound

Make it all feel better

Because nothings working for me

The next day was an even bigger hell. Supposedly, Hinata and Yachi really hit it off and easily found a grove. They had so much in common and got so close so quickly. After the pork buns they went to a park and watched the sunset.

My mind is foggy

My eyes feel groggy

Let me go back to sleep

Practice was painful. They had kissed while the sun set, so they were all sorts of comfortable with it during volleyball. He kissed her right when he came in. just a quick peck on the cheek, but one that signified so much. They worked.

The air feels too heavy

My tears need a levee

Can you find me the key?

And that brings us to now. They're a couple. Yachi and Hinata and Hinata and Yachi. Kageyama couldn't be annoyed about it--they were perfect. But he couldn't even attempt to shake the jealousy.

Put me on the ground

Take the rhythm and sound

Make it all feel better

Because nothings working for me