the shadows came alive

You're so fucking dense, dumbass. Kageyama's blush fading as he knew he was safer. Until it clicked in the gingers head. If Kageyama liked poetry, maybe he wrote this?

But that couldn't be, Kageyama didn't like Hinata. They were just teammates. Nothing more. Hinata stared at the taller boy, tilting his head slightly. He read deep into Kageyama's expression, realizing something. "Is it you?"

"Uhm." Kageyama didn't know if he should lie or not, and the time between asking and answering seemed like an eternity.

The shadows came alive

When you found it out

The shadows came alive

And that ended my bout

"What would happen if I said yes?" Kageyama questioned. Hinata looked even more confused, not really knowing what any of this meant.

Those shadows gripped my throat

Making it hard to breathe

Those shadows gripped my throat

And oh I wanted to leave

"I don't know. Do you" Hinata paused in his response, "do you have a crush on me?" Kageyama stopped breathing.

The shadows won their fight

I lost at their hand

The shadows won their fight

And now I can't stand

The black haired boy gave up. "Yes, dumbass, I do." Face turning bright red when speaking and deciding to look down at the floor. The rest of the team started arriving just then, Sugawara and Daichi walking into the gym as an in-shambles Kageyama ran the other direction, leaving his bag in the club room and disappearing down the street. Hinata ran after him.