treat me like an angel

"Tobio! Where were you today? I got a call saying you weren't in school?" Kageyama stopped all movement, tongue firmly placed in Hinata's mouth. That ended and he shuffled about, feeling the malice that laced his mother's words go right through him.

"Hide." Kageyama whisper-shouted, a terrified look on his face.

"Tobio? Answer me!"

Hinata was sitting in the closet, trying not to breathe too loudly. Gosh, Kageyama.

"Yeah I wasn't feeling well. I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you." Kageyama's mother went to work extremely early, and it's only them in the house; his sister didn't live there anymore. He figured he was safe with it all, in a way.

"Oh. Okay, just tell me next time, kay?" She seemed confused, but welcomed it. It didn't matter too much in her eyes, as long as he was safe. "Are you feeling better now?" She sighed slightly, stepping closer to her son and putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Alright. I'll be downstairs." His mother was exhausted, as per usual. She turned around and walked out of his room, down the stairs. Saying a quick "Love you, kiddo."

Once she was out of earshot, Hinata opened the door.

"Thank you." Kageyama spoke softly still, walking towards the smaller boy and hugging him tightly. "You should probably go soon though, your parents will be suspicious." The taller one let go, placing a small kiss on his forehead.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." Hinata was mildly disappointed in the whole thing, but knew this was how it would end. He knew there was nothing he could do, and that it was perfectly okay. Besides, he wasn't ready to come out to his team, let alone his boyfriend's mom or even his parents. That was too much, so it was all okay. He snuck out through the front door, quietly making his way around their winding driveway up the cliff edge and back to his house. It was a somber walk, but not completely in a bad way.

The second he was in the clear, Hinata checked his watch and slowed down. It was only noon, meaning he had far more time than expected. He walked home in silence, listening only to the birds as they chirped and sang pleasantly. Hinata was happy, and he didn't want anything to dampen that. He couldn't help, though, letting his mind wander. The second he returned home, he indulged something nagging at him. He opened Instagram and looked up Kageyama's poetry account, reading more of what was written there. This was the time he realized the outreach Kageyama's mind had. He read through comments after comments and then he found poems about himself. But what stood out more were the sad poems. The ones about his feeling horrible.

Have a seance for me

When I'm gone

Treat me like an angel

Make me feel won

Hinata felt slightly like he saw something he wasn't supposed to, but something deep in him made him need to know more.

Look at me like I was perfect

See me as a winner

Treat me like an angel

Don't remember I was a sinner

They were darker than he ever thought Kageyama could be, but filled with so much hurt. Hinata couldn't explain any of it.

I'm not the person

You'll remember me as, but

Treat me like an angel

Maybe I was, somewhat

But he supposed he wasn't meant to explain it. He knew more about how to be with Kageyama. What not to say and how to read him. Maybe it was a good thing, even though it hurt Hinata to see so much pain that he couldn't aid.

I'm sorry for leaving you like this

It had to be done

Treat me like an angel

Make me feel won