wonder in your eyes

"@tangerineboy liked your post" Fuck.

Kageyama clicked on the account, knowing the gig was up. Seeing "Hinata ☆" was the display name and letting his heart sink to the floor. Two things happened right then. Hinata found the poem Kageyama wrote about him, and he found the rest of Kageyama's poetry. Fuck fuck fuck.

The wonder in your eyes

Is prettier than the sky

On a bright summer day

He supposed this would happen at some point, he was just hoping to ride out the "He's gay!!!" happiness train for a bit longer. How did Hinata get the poem in the first place? How did all of this happen?

The way you say you'll win

Playing to everyone's chagrin

Makes me want to stay

Kageyama didn't know what to do, but knew Hinata was a bit too dense to connect the dots. He just had to play it cool. Or Kageyama could explain the greater situation and confess.

You astound me constantly

Giving me reason to find you lovely

But this won't go my way

But what if Hinata said no? What if he didn't want that? What if that ruins everything?

So here we stand

Sadness gripped in hand

Wondering if I'll be okay

The next day was normal to Hinata, but not necessarily for the other boy. The oranged haired spiker did everything as normal, racing Kageyama to the gym as soon as he saw him, and the black haired boy just needing to play along. And he did just that.

"Ha! I won!" Hinata shouted from midair as he jumped with pride. "Thaaaaats?" he then said, practically begging the other one to praise him.

"81 for you, 84 for me. I'm still winning, dumbass." Kageyama smirked.

"Ahh heck, well, I'll keep winning!" Hinata's constant determination was something Kageyama admired most.

"Like hell you will." Both boys proceeded into the gym, Kageyama tossing a ball to Hinata.

"Oh, Kags-" Hinata was cut off with a snap.

"Don't call me that."

"Okay, Kageyama. You read poetry?" Hinata looked a bit sad when Kageyama grabbed the ball he was about to set to the shorter boy.

"Uhm, yeah, I guess so." He tossed the ball in the air again, ready to set it.

"That's cool. Just unexpected." Hinata spiked the ball to the floor, having enough time to speak due to the third tempo attack they were doing.

"What's that supposed to mean, dumbass?" Kageyama got slightly heated.

"Oh, nothing. Do you wanna read this one poem I found? It's a little weird, I think it's about me!" Hinata giggled slightly and ran for his bag. Kageyama tensed up. Hinata began to read it outloud.

Kageyama's face grew slightly more pink than usual, trying so desperately to tone down the heat coming to his cheeks. Hinata read with a slightly, jokingly proper voice.

"You may not be mine / But I'll admire from afar / Because, Tangerine boy / You'll always be a star." He finished reading. "Sounds like it's about me right? I don't wanna be a narcissist" Hinata giggled. "Besides, who else has orange hair?" Hinata took a chunk of his hair in his hand dragging it down across his forehead to look at it cross-eyed.

"Yeah, it probably is about you." Kageyama let out a nervous laugh.

"It was signed too, and it's got little oranges! Look!" Hinata ran towards the taller boy pointing at one of the little orange doodles, looking like a happy little puppy. "I wonder who T.K. is."